section 2 question (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuclear

HSC
Oh, btw. I rung the BoS. No person who did 2 texts will be penalized, both texts will be marked, because the markers mark according to to how the students answered the question and fulfilled the rubrics and outcomes, not the texts used.

sillyboy

HSC
so what about the people who specifically cut 20% of their essay to answer the question ?

Nuclear

HSC
They will also be marked on how they answer the question, fulfill rubrics & outcomes.

The question wanted more depth. People with one related text supplied that more than the people with 2.

sillyboy

HSC
so you are saying to me that people who prepared 2 related texts...but had to scrap one to answer the question...ultimately losing depth and concise argument will be marked the same as the people who did two related texts, disregarded the question and vomitted out their memorised essays?

is that what your saying to me nuclear?

JimmyChoo

HSC
so you are saying to me that people who prepared 2 related texts...but had to scrap one to answer the question...ultimately losing depth and concise argument will be marked the same as the people who did two related texts, disregarded the question and vomitted out their memorised essays?

Nowhere does it say that you are going to be asked for two related texts. You need to be prepared to answer whatever question they give you with however many texts they ask for, whether it be two or only one.

danger_dave

HSC
From the Board of studies website:

What is cheating in HSC assessment?
Cheating, or malpractice, is dishonest behaviour by a student that gives them an unfair advantage over others. Most students understand what cheating in an examination means, but there are other types of behaviour that are also considered cheating.

Here are some examples of behaviour considered to be cheating:

copying, buying, stealing or borrowing someone else's work in part or in whole, and presenting it as your own
using material directly from books, journals, CDs or the internet without acknowledging the source
submitting work that contains a large contribution from another person, such as a parent, coach or subject expert, that is not acknowledged
paying someone to write or prepare material that is associated with a task, such as process diaries, logs and journals.

What is plagiarism?
Plagiarism is when you pretend that you have written or created a piece of work that someone else originated. It is cheating, it is dishonest, and it will jeopardise your HSC exam results. The following are common questions about plagiarism.

Q Is it plagiarism if I copy someone else's work exactly and claim it is my own work?
A Definitely yes!
Q Is it plagiarism if I change some of the words or the order of sentences in the passage I am copying?
A Yes. You are using someone else's thoughts and words without acknowledgement.

Nuclear

HSC

Yes indeedy.

boganxcore

HSC
From the Board of studies website:

What is cheating in HSC assessment?
Cheating, or malpractice, is dishonest behaviour by a student that gives them an unfair advantage over others. Most students understand what cheating in an examination means, but there are other types of behaviour that are also considered cheating.

Here are some examples of behaviour considered to be cheating:

copying, buying, stealing or borrowing someone else's work in part or in whole, and presenting it as your own
using material directly from books, journals, CDs or the internet without acknowledging the source
submitting work that contains a large contribution from another person, such as a parent, coach or subject expert, that is not acknowledged
paying someone to write or prepare material that is associated with a task, such as process diaries, logs and journals.

What is plagiarism?
Plagiarism is when you pretend that you have written or created a piece of work that someone else originated. It is cheating, it is dishonest, and it will jeopardise your HSC exam results. The following are common questions about plagiarism.

Q Is it plagiarism if I copy someone else's work exactly and claim it is my own work?
A Definitely yes!
Q Is it plagiarism if I change some of the words or the order of sentences in the passage I am copying?
A Yes. You are using someone else's thoughts and words without acknowledgement.
hmmm. i better not get fucked over because of this. i did entitle my story 'prufrock among the children' so i was acknowledging that i was appropriating it?

Maelgwn

HSC
hey guys 4 da creative writing question i cudnt think of a way to relate to the stimulus so i just based my story off text 4 in the first section (i said dis thsi to the marker at d start of my story)
LOL u told the marker u just based your story off text 4 and then rewrote parts of it in a CREATIVE writing piece, how is that creative or original for that matter? how the hell aren't they going to realise it was plagerised u dope!?

cnralex

HSC
rofl ... like you can talk push your marks up yea? LOL 85 atar is in no way a good mark
Wow, arrogant. I see 85 as quite respectable. It's not mind blowing but meh, who cares, it's more than enough to get into my preferred course. Why would I need a higher mark when all I want is to do a BSc?

Face it, all an ATAR is good for is getting into a uni. After that it means sweet fuck all. Have fun with your 99.95, as my bro says "in a few years you'll realise how little it's worth". Of course, that's obviously what you're going to get, right?

Pull your head in.

markrex5

HSC
Wow, arrogant. I see 85 as quite respectable. It's not mind blowing but meh, who cares, it's more than enough to get into my preferred course. Why would I need a higher mark when all I want is to do a BSc?

br />
of course 85 is respectable its just the irony of dissing automatic as "pushing your atar up" for all you know, authomatic might get a higher atar than you so stop being soo cocky about your 85

mzychen

HSC
So much hate in this world, I think we need more love
Students of new south wales, the HSC should bring us together not set us apart, take your fellow brothers and sisters into your arms and wish them well, don't call them a troll. There's more to us then we can fathom, automatic has the potential to be one of the great minds of our time as do all of you.
Together we can accomplish, that which divided we can not. We must have faith in one another, for the power of Love will transcend all in this turbulent time , the HSC is but a hurdle amongst the many our time, give us a go, don't call us a troll.

chibiusagi

HSC
ok i am going to add a female opinion here cause i swear i haven't seen one yet ( but that cause i skipped a lot of pages).
First thing is first, that creative obviously plagiarism, if that wasn't plagiarism I'll eat my shoe seriously i feel sorry for this guys cohort.
And secondly, you guys really have a lot of time LOL a well i guess i do to if i'm posting in this convo ROFL

rachyfulxx

HSC
hehehe...this was used in my english class to explain what NOT to do in the HSC. I hate to burst your bubble, but the examiners are given an 8 day course on the entire exam. They're going to know you copied it, and anyone who thinks it is not plagiarism needs some serious help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)