Scientific Investigation question...again.... (1 Viewer)

MysteryMoon

HSC
I forgot that I had to soak the potting mix with water then let it dry for an hour before putting seeds into the cup. So...the soil would have been only damp at the surface while the rest of the potting mix is fairly dry...and I only needed to the seedlings to sprout so I could record results and stuff.

Do you think the seeds will grow or does the whole soil have to be damp?

Fiction

HSC
I forgot that I had to soak the potting mix with water then let it dry for an hour before putting seeds into the cup. So...the soil would have been only damp at the surface while the rest of the potting mix is fairly dry...and I only needed to the seedlings to sprout so I could record results and stuff.

Do you think the seeds will grow or does the whole soil have to be damp?
I'm doing the same experiment, but at school, and all we did was scoop out the potting mix, put the seeds in it, water then wait. The soil would have been wet throughout and the seeds germinated pretty well for some of the groups - none of us soaked the let the soil dry :)

I think you'll be fine. I don't actually get how soaking the potting mix then letting it dry for an hour will ensure that the damp part of the soil is the surface - sounds more like the only dry part would really be the surface since evaporation and all that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)