School is a waste of time? (1 Viewer)

Foxyq

HSC
So we've pretty much finished all topics + option topics for all my subjects except for physics (we only have 3 more dot points to go). I feel like school is the BIGGEST waste of time. We pretty much do nothing in class now that we are finished for almost all my subjects, the teachers don't teach anymore. We just sit all day doing revision booklets and almost all students bludge, talk during the entire class and teachers don't say anything. I would be MUCH more productive if I don't have to attend till the end of HSC and I would stay home if I could :l If it wasn't for the attendance thing, where your attendance has to be 90% or something or you don't get your HSC. At home I can do all my past papers, go over concepts I never understood, watch videos on youtube relating to HSC, read over a number of textbooks (letslearnscience). I have a LOT to do as well and school is seriously just pushing me back :(. I can't do these at school otherwise I would have to carry around like 5 textbooks (I study by getting info from a LOT of different sources), youtube is blocked and there's just too many distractions :(

Anyone else can relate to this?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So we've pretty much finished all topics + option topics for all my subjects except for physics (we only have 3 more dot points to go). I feel like school is the BIGGEST waste of time. We pretty much do nothing in class now that we are finished for almost all my subjects, the teachers don't teach anymore. We just sit all day doing revision booklets and almost all students bludge, talk during the entire class and teachers don't say anything. I would be MUCH more productive if I don't have to attend till the end of HSC and I would stay home if I could :l If it wasn't for the attendance thing, where your attendance has to be 90% or something or you don't get your HSC. At home I can do all my past papers, go over concepts I never understood, watch videos on youtube relating to HSC, read over a number of textbooks (letslearnscience). I have a LOT to do as well and school is seriously just pushing me back :(. I can't do these at school otherwise I would have to carry around like 5 textbooks (I study by getting info from a LOT of different sources), youtube is blocked and there's just too many distractions :(

Get a digital copy of textbooks?

enoilgam

HSC
I can definitely relate - I was always the kind of person who was way more productive studying at home as opposed to school (I like my independence when it comes to work/study). Maths was pretty much the only subject which I really needed to go to, but towards the end of the year even that became a waste. I just tried to use the time I had in class to do my own study, but it was difficult with some teachers.

ParraEelz

HSC
Look at asian countries-WHY ARE THEY DOING SO WELL?? They have a reason as to why!

Makematics

HSC
Lol i dont wanna go either, and the school doesnt give a shit if we skip classes anymore, but id rather spend my last 4 weeks with my friends, even if we dont get anything done.

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Business studies has been like that for most of the year. I still have work to cover, so this hasn't become a problem for me yet

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

it's 50%...
stay home...
legit

i only went to every 4 out of 7 SoR lessons a fortnight
and I came 2nd
and they let me graduate with that subject
#yolo

Foxyq

HSC
@enoilgam Even math our lazy teacher sits there and does nothing. She doesn't even care. 6 hours wasted, 5 days a week for another month or so. They honestly should allow students to have the option to study at home during the last 1-2 months before the HSC

it's 50%...
stay home...
legit

i only went to every 4 out of 7 SoR lessons a fortnight
and I came 2nd
and they let me graduate with that subject
#yolo
50% Really? My school is always telling me 90% :l I'm gonna ask tomorrow at school how many days left I have, I'm just gonna stay home as much as possible and during the times i'm at school, as nerdasdasd said, will get digital copies onto my laptop so I can study during class. It just won't be the same though cause I study MUCH better at home :(

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
If it was 90% I wouldn't be eligible for my HSC

kewon

HSC
yep totally agree school is biggest waste of time, more so now that trials are over. in fact im prepared to bet my atar would be considerably higher if somehow i stayed at home all year. worst thing is some of my teachers care and have told me off for skipping days

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
50% Really? My school is always telling me 90% :l I'm gonna ask tomorrow at school how many days left I have, I'm just gonna stay home as much as possible and during the times i'm at school, as nerdasdasd said, will get digital copies onto my laptop so I can study during class. It just won't be the same though cause I study MUCH better at home :(
If they've been lying to you this long what makes you think they will tell you the truth now???

If it was 90% I wouldn't be eligible for my HSC
Yep

I would've only graduated with 4 subjects
and like
i had so much ~partial attendance~ it wasn't funny

Makematics

HSC
They tell us we need 85% i think? But ive never heard of ppl geting in trouble for lack of attendance

Foxyq

HSC
I'll stay home last 2/3 weeks of school then and say I was sick, hope I don't get in trouble :/

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
This was the case with my maths and business studies classes, so I just did study or revision in class..... I just did papers, attempted to memorise information or did textbook chapters.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
What's school?

Surrendering yourself to the unrestrained thought process of the teachers as they continue to blurt out the importance of doing well in the HSC - it becomes so reiterated that everyone gets stressed. Stress causes memory loss. Memory loss causes poor performance in exam. Poor performance in exam causes bad ATAR. Bad ATAR causes no job. No job causes financial issues.

Therefore, school is the root of all evil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)