scaling questions (1 Viewer)

behindthecan28

HSC
i know scaling isn't supposed to matter if you do really well in your subjects but i feel so regretful that most of my subjects are not well scaling, i feel like its just added pressure to get really high marks. right now i'm taking adv english, standard math, biology, business, spanish and sac. does someone have any advice for me bc i really just wish i chose better subjects so i wouldn't feel like i need to get 90+ in everything :(

icycledough

HSC
Well, you definitely do have subjects which have good scaling, like Advanced English and Biology. With regards to the scaling issue, you can look at it as a positive in a way. Sometimes, the main issue which can arise with doing high scaling subjects is that people will become too complacent and rely on scaling to bring them success, which can be detrimental more times than not. For example, 4U maths is probably one of, if not, the best scaling subjects, but scaling only works if you get a good result. As a hypothetical example, you cannot get a 50 and expect it to scale to anything meaningful. So in that context, doing subjects which aren't known for their scaling can force you not to be complacent and put in the hard work, which at the end of the day, will reap you the most benefits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)