scaling for eco? (1 Viewer)

Dimplez

HSC
Does anyone know the raw mark cutoff for a b6 in 2007, 2006 etc?

whoisurdaddy

HSC
I heard somewhere it was around 81 for physics and chemistry, not sure for economics im guessing around 83-84?

Garygaz

HSC
Economics 2003: Scaled mean of 31.0

Mathematics 2003: Scaled mean of 29.8

Each year the scaling barely changes, and I know in 2006 a mark of 96/120 for maths would achieve an external mark of 90.

Thus, using the slightly better scaling, that means a mark of around 78% should be a flat 90 in 2006 for eco.

Though, a lot of people are proclaiming they are going to get 20/20 in extended responses and 40/40 in short answers, there is often large marking differences between BOS and individual schools for eco, so don't go 'Oh yay I got 90 in trials, I'ma rip this shit up.'

reynoldson

HSC
Garygaz said:

Each year the scaling barely changes, and I know in 2006 a mark of 96/120 for maths would achieve an external mark of 90.

Thus, using the slightly better scaling, that means a mark of around 78% should be a flat 90 in 2006 for eco.

Though, a lot of people are proclaiming they are going to get 20/20 in extended responses and 40/40 in short answers, there is often large marking differences between BOS and individual schools for eco, so don't go 'Oh yay I got 90 in trials, I'ma rip this shit up.'

....Isnt scaling how each subject is valued by UAC in the calculation of the UAI, arent you referring to moderation?

DCF

HSC
aaclarkcdr said:
Nice, guess Im cruising to the top end of the state, I reckon 90s for me
on the basis that essays were both 20/20
Multis couldnt be any worse than say 17
And shorts would be 35 ish

Im over the moon... though Modern history earlier in the day wasnt quite so good
Glad to see you're living up to your 'humble genius' title Clarkie.

Zarafaraway

HSC
i'm confused are we talking like raw mark as in internal assessment or raw hsc exam mark
sorry not down with all the lingo (fell asleep in pretty much every hsc talk our school ever gave)

Dan2008

HSC
Zarafaraway said:
i'm confused are we talking like raw mark as in internal assessment or raw hsc exam mark
sorry not down with all the lingo (fell asleep in pretty much every hsc talk our school ever gave)
Raw mark would be the HSC mark, as the internal mark itself doesnt really mean a thing, all BOS care about is your internal rank, so im hoping thats good 4 ya ... ?

Raw HSC Mark in the exam eg 80/100, would get boosted, usually to cater for how results went (eg if the whole state stuffs up, they moderate up so ppl still get 95, 97 etc), and to allow most answers to get over 50% and "pass"

I think thats it ... any other ideas?

Last edited:

christiina.h

HSC
anyone know what a raw mark of 90-95 would be scaled to?
that's me being very optimistic and curious

as my economics teacher has been an hsc marker for like ages and she says that kids actually get 100 in the paper hence does that mean for everybody else the scaling becomes less?? because people actually get a raw mark of full marks

drobby

Pwnage
HSC
hey just wondering as i have no idea.....
is a band done from just the external or is it combined with internal
so like a band six , is it from just the exam or it and the internal?

Allan vB

HSC
THE EXAM WAS GHASTLY! if only it could have been as good as Modern... I wish to wage war on those who created the timetable! grrr.

runnable

HSC
drobby said:
Your final HSC Mark's band is 50% externals, 50% internals.

Dan2008

HSC
drobby said:
Yeah 50% External, 50% Internal

But the internal mark you get on your HSC is formulated by the board of studies based on the actual HSC exam results from your class

They take the top HSC mark, give that as an internal mark to whoever was ranked first internally in your class. They use the bottom mark and give that to whoever came last, and then spread the rest of the marks out

Last edited:

lionking1191

HSC
Garygaz said:

lol that's usually quite subjective. for the trials the essay i thought i'd get 20 in i got 15. and the other one i thought i'd get 16-18ish i got 20.

drobby

Pwnage
HSC
runnable said:
Your final HSC Mark's band is 50% externals, 50% internals.
thanks guys, well i guess that means that eco is my best chance then....
(i got first in it) but i dont no how i am compared to everyone else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)