SC science question? (1 Viewer)

Blurgh

HSC
Look in the main thread, there's heaps of different answers. It seems though that the main one was Big bang theory, and the dots were galaxies.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I personally wrote Steady State Theory and stars, sun, moon, planets, etc. xD

HSC
I was thinking that since the big bang theory states that an explosion occurred from a single point, it must be expanding and, since the bang consisted of all matter, it must be continuously expanding...
Yes I know my logic is retarded but I was under exam pressure (a)
And which theory states that it's continuously expanding...? :S don't remember learning about one

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I was thinking that since the big bang theory states that an explosion occurred from a single point, it must be expanding and, since the bang consisted of all matter, it must be continuously expanding...
Yes I know my logic is retarded but I was under exam pressure (a)
And which theory states that it's continuously expanding...? :S don't remember learning about one
Big Bang and Steady State both state the universe is continually expanding!

Swiftowl

HSC
Is it still correct if I just wrote that the universe is expanding?

Swiftowl

HSC
Okay thanks, I think I'll just go ahead and cry in a corner =="

premskies

HSC
basically if you said the dots were the galaxies and the theory is the big bang.. then you're correct.
^ that is coming from a science teacher and past SC and HSC marker.. and dad :p

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
my hilarious friend didn't even bother reading the universe question.
He just wrote "The boy is blowing up a balloon"
LOLOL.

Laeth01

HSC
I put in Big bang theory and for the What were the dots? I put in galaxies and stars, but after i finished and was checking my paper, i crossed stars out lol

Eg155

HSC
I put in Big bang theory and for the What were the dots? I put in galaxies and stars, but after i finished and was checking my paper, i crossed stars out lol
OMG! I wrote stars/ galaxies and at the last minute crossed out galaxies coz i figured stars are in galaxies. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Good work for choosing the right one to cross out :)

ProtoStar

HSC
N/A
Yeah definitely Big Bang theory where the whole universe expands from a single point of singularity. And btw, I'm pretty sure steady state means the universe doesnt expand, because if it does, like the big bang theory states, there will be a cold death where all the matter in the universe is spread out so thinly it makes it difficult for any matter of decent size to exist, or the universe will collapse on itself and become a hot, dense mass and eventually a point of singularity again. That's what I think anyway, I read it somewhere once.

ZeeZee3

HSC
Yea i put the big bang theory as well, it was the most obvious answer though. Dont know about the second part thought, i just put the dots represent stars cause dots are meant to be stars and galaxies are supposed to be represented by several dots or something. Not sure if im right though and couldnt care less at all about sc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)