SC Maths test. (1 Viewer)

S

Sheehan :)

SpoRTsGaL said:
Let's hope they went well......I wish the HSC exams were the same :p

HA!..........the SC was the easiest test id eva done (2003)..........i got an average of band 5 without studying.........HSC whole new story

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
it's weird how the advanced in my year found it difficult as did the standards.. but the intermediate people aced it, they all thought it was easy as heck!

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
it's weird how the advanced in my year found it difficult as did the standards.. but the intermediate people aced it, they all thought it was easy as heck!
maybe advanced and intermediate have diffrent meaning for "easy"

lol

i'm in advanced, and thought it was pretty easy... well, i could've done better but I aint complaining since i studied almost nothing and was really sick the day of the exam.

Danoz The Great

HSC
You definately are advantaged donig advanced maths because then the SC is so goddam easy!

geegables

HSC
gloworm said:
Arggh damnit, forgot there was a back page to the test. DUnno how many marks that is but meh.

Btw. I also got 750 as the area

LMAO same here!

romesh

Master of the Universe
HSC
750 was definately the area of the trapezium.

There were two similar triangles, in the ratio 1:4. This means that their areas were in the ratio 1:16 (1:4^2). The trapezium was the larger triangle minus the smaller triangle, and the smaller triangle was 50 (given). So the trapezium was 16x50 (800) - 50 = 750

Mumma

HSC
Hah. Look at my fucked up way of doing it was.
Diagram attatched.

Seeing as we know that the bottom is 3 times longer than the top traingle...
I drew a similar isoceles triangle as shown, used the area ratio thing and got 450cm^2 for that similar traingle. Now seeing as the area of that triangle is
(x^2) / 2 (base=height as its an isocles)
Will I worked it out and I got x=30. Therefore seeing as the 3 became a 30 (*10), the one became a 10. Therefore the area of the rectangle is 300.

Area of trapzeium = area of rectangle + area of triangle.
Area = 450+300 = 750

I know, way too long and useless. It probably wouldnt have worked as well if the smaller triangle wasnt similar to the triangle it was within, so yeah. Im an idiot, haha.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Sheehan :) said:
the SC was the easiest test id eva done... i got an average of band 5 without studying.........
heh.

(10)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)