SC 2007 - Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

zeleboy

HSC
chaldoking said:
Guys i dont think UNESCO was providing food, i think or i am pretty certain that it was about the peace one ... beause in the source it said global conflicts or something like that.
I dunno, i think i put like providing public schools or sump.

reggie7

You'll Never Walk Alone
HSC
zeleboy said:
I dunno, i think i put like providing public schools or sump.
samo, cause it stands for education, scientific and cultural ....where does food and peace come into that.

homijoe

HSC
hey, for the source question talking about the protest of aboriginals the 1 that talked about how they stopped working...den a white men (whitlam) came and poured sand in the aboriginals hand...wat did that symbolise i put recognition of land rights is that correct?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Yep, the Whitlam reference is to do with the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1975, which was introduced under Whitlam and finally passed under Fraser.

Ruined-Phate

HSC
sikhman said:
i think the food one for unesco was the best answer because on the website it said something about alleviation of poverty....
The answer was providing schools, as it mentioned education. Our teacher went through the multiple choice today with us. Got it right. >.>
Was tricky though.

homijoe

HSC
Ruined-Phate said:
The answer was providing schools, as it mentioned education. Our teacher went through the multiple choice today with us. Got it right. >.>
Was tricky though.
did ur teacher go over the geography mulitple choice?

militiaman

HSC
I saw someone mentioning the history source question on technology earlier.

I actually said 1 was false and 2 was correct, because IIRC, 1 said something specifically about the 1950s or some similar specific thing (someone help out my poor faded memory), while it was actually a cartoon of the 80s and made no specific reference to whatever the first statement was.

Anyway before I forget, here's some of the details of what I wrote for history:

Aborigines - Question was specifically aimed at gaining land rights, so I didn't cover a whole lot of Indigenous rights ground that some of you guys did. Dedicated perhaps 1/4 of it to the source (1972 tent embassy). I was kicking myself when I later realised that I said Mabo was in 1996 instead of 1992. Hopefully the markers don't make me lose marks for this, because overall I thought I nailed it.

Vietnam - Chose relations with Asia. I did this exact question in my half-yearly so I had it planned. I argued that Vietnam actually helped improve relations with Asia by forcing a change in conservative beliefs. As long as the markers don't question this argument I think I should get full marks.

Women - This was also a specific rights question as with the Aborigines, this time on the problems women's liberationists faced. I went on a bit of an essay style here and mostly spoke about conservative opposition.

Pauline Hanson and One Nation - Full on essay and objective response. I am hoping the markers reward the way I interpreted this issue rather than punishing it (i.e, not having just hard facts).

homijoe

HSC
militiaman said:
I saw someone mentioning the history source question on technology earlier.

I actually said 1 was false and 2 was correct, because IIRC, 1 said something specifically about the 1950s or some similar specific thing (someone help out my poor faded memory), while it was actually a cartoon of the 80s and made no specific reference to whatever the first statement was.
i saw that the two statments were correct as they both outlined wat was being depicted in the cartoon

Fishy!

HSC
well i put AIDS ... just kidding i put aid.
that 15 marker for the geography paper, i wrote it as a history answer

militiaman

HSC
homijoe said:
i saw that the two statments were correct as they both outlined wat was being depicted in the cartoon
Hmm, not the way I recall it. The first statement mentioned something very particular and precise in terms of changes to technology, along the lines of 'After WWII/1950s there was too much technology' (very shoddy recollection). The cartoon made no mention of this reference and it was made in the 80s.

Anyone remember what it was exactly?

bored of sc

HSC
Twickel said:
Probably got band 1 for this exam. Is that possible?
its highly unlikely, if you scored a raw mark of about 30% chances are you will get a band 2 (50-60) as the BOS tries to make as many people as possible get above 50%

Twickel

HSC
Thankyou, when you say above average is the avgerage for the SC around band 4?

bored of sc

HSC
Twickel said:
Thankyou, when you say above average is the avgerage for the SC around band 4?
I'd say so. To find out go to the statistics thing on the board of studies. For last years school certificate the most marks were clumped around band 4, so yeah band 4 is the average (but that's last year). The distribution of marks almost made a bell curve meaning only a lucky few people scored very high (95+) and an unlucky few scored very low (<50) and most were band 3, 4 and 5. So yeah band 5 is a solid above average!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)