Revenge tragedy (1 Viewer)

tabularasa

HSC
What did u guys think, i thought the creative was alright u had a narrative u could manipulate. Essay was a bit weird but the statementd were easy to write about.

rowan brand

I found the question quite narrow for the essay and it restricted you to only a select few of the conventions. The creative image was vague and a genuinely odd picture. An elezabethan woman in iraq? a ghost by the waterside of a burning ship, there are so many different interpretations. But i guess it was fair.

8 pages Creative
16 pages Essay

Very neatly fitting if i say so myself.

HSC
it was a heaps wierd question for the essay - not what i was expecting at all.
i had looked thru the past paper n thought i was ready but i saw that and i was like wtf!
the creative was ok, i went in with a set plan for creative, then saw the picture and i had to make up a completely new one. i had 5 minutes left to write and i realised i hadnt even written anything bout revenge or tragedy.
over all i wrote 34 pages and used 6 booklets ha! 2 pieces of string! yess!

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
The questions threw me off guard! I had to make up a creative on the spot for that picture - but it was quite an easy stimulus for RT...if you think of the woman as being Medea-like. I wasn't quite sure what the essay question was asking - prob didn't "evaluate" much.

I only mentioned and quoted the passage they gave us in the introduction.

HSC
hey i was looking thru bored of studies notes, and there is almost nothing for revenge tragedy! its all crime fiction of the other electives.
whats up with that? do less people do revenge t than the other electives?

rachael230

yeh, last year only 500-ish out of about 6000 (i think) did RT.
in regard to the exqam, i thought it was pretty straight forward. the question did limit you to only a few conventions though. pity they werent the conventions i was prepared for, so i got thrown and had a bit of a freakout where i lost about 15 mins of exam time.
whoops!

05er

HSC
The creative was so good but did anyone else think they ripped it off Kill Bill? I did, so I parodied it.

I think it worked quite well.

The critical response was good, too. It reminded me of a legal studies essay.

tabularasa

HSC
i did ckinda but i based mine on a song i heard ages back, the pic was easy for me to manipulate. i liked the pic it was good for RT i thouhgt.

SaintCait

HSC
I don't understand when you mean it restricted you to some conventions. I still covered the other conventions in the genre and my evaluation of how the 'imagined charaters thoughts' expressed the genre, was that it did express main parts of it and alluded to the rest. (eg the values)

tabularasa

HSC
well i mean for me personally it did not indicate the violent nature opf revenge which i had a big discussion on in my pieces.

Suga_baibe

HSC
yeah thats true, alot of the conventions were not mentioned, like the violence, and the melodramatic language. but it was pretty easy and straight forward. Though I did get confused on how to prefer to the text in my essay so I just wrote "provided text"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)