Retreat from the Global (1 Viewer)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I wrote a short story using the picture as an metaphor for the mind to open it (first thing that came to mind). Ended up writing about some guy whose had a shitty life and pays to have his memory altered.

edit: not really a significant moment, but a nice metaphor ^^ (i'm so screwed)

Last edited:

blamethesystem

alpha and omega
HSC
im so screwed alos.
my creative was quite the shitty, rambling metaphor which really didnt turn out like it was sposed to. i hated it.
and my responding was reasonable xept my refernces to the stimulus were too implicit, and i kinda got off track....
let's just say very very crap.
and it sucks even more coz i actually liked this module, loved my texts and what i was talking about, and shoulda gone so pro. but just didnt :(

darkroomgirl

HSC
ENGLISH IS FINISHED!

Oh wait. I'm gonna be an English teacher when I grow up...

CRAP!

Hehe. I think I did alright on the paper... in all honesty, I thought it was such a mad paper, really suited what I was studying. My essay had good points, I reckon, if slightly scatterbrained in how I wrote it... I'm a bit nervous in how it's gonna compare to other essays from exemplar students (ahem, ahem, James Ruse), but I think I definitely did better than trials, which I got 21.5/25 for... so here's hoping!

Creative... I made up a story about a guy who's a journalist writing about the APEC summit in his column in a sort of 'hey, this is exactly what we need for a better world' tone. Then he stops and thinks for a while, then realises that they're having a summit to better THEIR version of the world and not necessarily representing interests of the entire world (i.e. the local)... then he thinks about his past, about the life he had in Newfoundland (hahah! Thank you, Annie Proulx!) and he realises what he's been missing all that time while being caught up in his little column. Lots of references to his father and mother and the fisherman's way of life.

Overall, I have a feeling I will be okay.

JadieWadie

HSC
Yeah i really liked the essay question, although the quote was a bit distracting. But my teacher had made us practise heaps of essays on 'language, structure and form', much like the 'King Lear' essay, so that was helpful. The question seemed to focus on 'how' the ways of thinking were presented in texts rather than the concepts, am I wrong?
My creative was pretty shit, tried to be funny, but in the end i was rushing and I think I kind of lost my ironic central voice, but ah well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)