Research Methods - Literature Review? (1 Viewer)

girlwithnoname

HSC
Hey guys!

Quick question. Is a literature review generally considered a primary or secondary research method? I was under the impression that a literature review is primary if you are the author that has interpreted and compiled the existing secondary research, and a literature review is secondary if the author is someone other than yourself. I have been taught contradictorily between my subjects, so just kinda confused lol. I could have sworn people chose literature review as part of their primary research in the Society and Culture PIP. However, for CAFS, my teacher said it is always regarded as secondary, so I'm just accepting it as a definition/law even if it doesn't fully make sense to me lol.

Appreciate any help! :)

cossine

HSC
Hey guys!

Quick question. Is a literature review generally considered a primary or secondary research method? I was under the impression that a literature review is primary if you are the author that has interpreted and compiled the existing secondary research, and a literature review is secondary if the author is someone other than yourself. I have been taught contradictorily between my subjects, so just kinda confused lol. I could have sworn people chose literature review as part of their primary research in the Society and Culture PIP. However, for CAFS, my teacher said it is always regarded as secondary, so I'm just accepting it as a definition/law even if it doesn't fully make sense to me lol.

Appreciate any help! :)
I don't do either subjects. I think there are nuances of what is regarded as primary and secondary are explained in wikipedia. I am not sure if that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)