renewable resources (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
why 2 marks? what did u guys write?

i just wrote how it generates itself again and gave examples :S

i forgot about the future generation crap? lose a mark?

Acid

HSC
I just put resources that can be naturally replaced and thus are infinite...

S

Shuter

Yes I wrote resources that can be used an unlimited amount of times if given the time to regenerate. And sited an example - e.g. plantation forests.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
no most minerals are generally seen as non-newnewable as they take millions of years to replenish....
also u mite interested to no even some trees are NOT renewable.. there are a select few that take several hundred years to replenish so they are classified as NON-renewable.

S

Shuter

matt_f64 said:
no most minerals are generally seen as non-newnewable as they take millions of years to replenish....
also u mite interested to no even some trees are NOT renewable.. there are a select few that take several hundred years to replenish so they are classified as NON-renewable.
Yes, I did realise that i.e. rainforests, that's why I specified plantation forests in my answer.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
don't worry somehow i don't think the markers will dispute which type of tree you specified in answer.

ie. tree is renewable

mineral is non-renewable

- general rule of thumb

Acid

HSC
I couldn't think of an example when I was sitting there so I just put "e.g. fruit" after my definition.. LOL... but I guess that's right aye?

sub

i used the chem example of ethanol for cars...hahaha, i went mind blank and that's all that came up :)

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
Yes, I did realise that i.e. rainforests, that's why I specified plantation forests in my answer.
lol i wasnt actually referring to u, i was more talking about sweet lemon cos they said "minerals" so i was jst saying its classed as non-renewable then i remembered how our teacher told us about some trees being non-renewable.

S

Shuter

Acid said:
I couldn't think of an example when I was sitting there so I just put "e.g. fruit"
Ahahahahaha that's hilarious, and correct, I like your style.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
sub said:
i used the chem example of ethanol for cars...hahaha, i went mind blank and that's all that came up :)
as for this guy.. i really dont no wat hes on about.. im assuming hes saying we burn up ethanol in cars and that natural gas is a NON-renewable resource? cos the question did say RENEWABLe. oh well

sub

matt_f64 said:
as for this guy.. i really dont no wat hes on about.. im assuming hes saying we burn up ethanol in cars and that natural gas is a NON-renewable resource? cos the question did say RENEWABLe. oh well
yeah, we had to do renewable sources for fossil fuels (in this case octane for petrol) in chem, and one was ethanol (as car fuel). its renewable cos u can ferment it from sugar cane etc... hence a renewable source...it was all that came to me in the exam.

Rorix

HSC
i said something like 'renewable resources are resources which, if carefully managed, will be able to provide for the needs of present and future generations. Renewnable resources may become non-renewable if overexploited e.g. fishing stocks'

PhiL

Rorix said:
i said something like 'renewable resources are resources which, if carefully managed, will be able to provide for the needs of present and future generations. Renewnable resources may become non-renewable if overexploited e.g. fishing stocks'
Yeh i said exactly that too - thats straight from leading edge textbook that overexploitation one and so i used that eg saying fish are renewable, but if they are seen as infinately renewable, they become overexploited then they may no longer be renewable

t.

HSC
same here!

AHHHAAa...I said that exact same thing too! Go the memorisers! lol. (I actually am completely against any form of memorising...frankly my brain can't handle it...but it seemed to work here. Cos if I had to think of my own I'd wonder if the examinors understood...agreed, etc. This is safe!) Hmmm...thought this test was ok..except that I failed to pick up on the hint about US interest rates being low and therefore the dollar being low and hence making it appear that our dollar is higher than it is actually valued due to the bilateral rate etc etc. damn...anyways, if not I get to steal someone's mark, whoever gets higher than me! yipee! lol

Seabiscuit

HSC
I used fish as an example and almost went into this discussion about how fish breed, but i stopped myself just in time. I dont think the marker's will appreciate that.

But now i'm not even sure if fish are a renewable resource. I think i should have studied the environment chapter a bit more. I kind of ignored it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)