Relationships in Hamlet (1 Viewer)

crocodellie

HSC
My essay question is about the impact of Hamlet's relationship with other people and it's significance to his tragic downfall.
Which relationships would be best to focus on?
I was thinking:
Hamlet and King Hamlet
Maybe Hamlet and Polonius (Killing Polonius is a turning point for Hamlet --> does this count as a relationship)

WHo else should I do and what are important themes to focus on?

Cheers :)

Frostguard

HSC
I'd probs also include Hamlet and Ophelia, shes underrated but I think she was kinda like the glue to him and once she returned his letters back to him, he went insane and did that weird verbal assault on her during Act 3 or something. Ophelia was also his lil 'sexy time' so you could use her character as a sexual motivation but at the same time sexual obstruction because without her his pleasures were gone and he sought revenge/murder/other bad stuff. They loved each other and Ophelia's death also kind of 'calmed' him i think to the point he wanted to duel with Laertes in a way of saying ' Im sorry for your loss' and to regain back your honour fite me irl yeah idk lol thats what I think

horse9996

HSC
This is pretty much my reading. I talked about Denmark’s corruption, the women (masculine discourse for Ophelia and familial relationships for Gertrude) and Hamlet’s shifting thoughts and contemplations (soliloquies)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)