Related Texts For the Human Condition (1 Viewer)

ashaaaa

HSC
Hey guys
So I have to choose a related text for the area of study: the human condition. It can't be a hsc text or a past hsc text or a text we've studied in year 9 or year 10. Anyone have any good suggestions for a related text? Thank you!

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Hmm... well, it really depends what facet of the human condition you are interested/ require to undertake! There's varying discourses that defines the human experience... be more specific in what you have studied (year 9 and 10 texts) so that we have a better idea of what to recommend!

At the moment, Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut is a really fascinating look into the suppression of individualism and brings into light the harm caused by enforced social conformity. Take a look, you might enjoy it :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Do you have the rubric? I don't know this Area of Study very well

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What is your prescribed text?

What are texts you have previously studied?

ashaaaa

HSC
What is your prescribed text?

What are texts you have previously studied?
Our prescribed text is The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. And I originally wanted to use Lord of the Flies as my related text but my teacher said I can't because we've already studied it in year 9. But I think I've now decided on using Robinson Crusoe.

PhoenixNaenni

HSC
Hmm... well, it really depends what facet of the human condition you are interested/ require to undertake! There's varying discourses that defines the human experience... be more specific in what you have studied (year 9 and 10 texts) so that we have a better idea of what to recommend!

At the moment, Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut is a really fascinating look into the suppression of individualism and brings into light the harm caused by enforced social conformity. Take a look, you might enjoy it :)
Hey, do you have any notes on this specific text?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)