Raw mark for State Rank? (1 Viewer)

NotCricket

HSC
Hi! :) Is anyone aware of what raw mark you need for a state rank in modern history/what you think it will be this year?
Cheers.

russ3l

HSC
It'll definitely be around 97/98 especially since the paper wasn't all to bad (at least from my perspective). What mark are you predicting and hoping?

NotCricket

HSC
Predicting; 96/100. Hoping; 97/98. I think I got full marks in everything but fucking WW1. -_-

NotCricket

HSC
If I get 96, say, and someone bosses it in my school whose ranked lower than me and gets 99/100, would that help my chances of SRing?

NotCricket

HSC

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Almost 100% certain that's I'm wrong! (Not wishful thinking either haha, just heard so many instances to the contrary).

Otherwise it would be much higher raw marks for state rank threshold's, simply because of people in random ranks fluking results.
ftfy :D

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
~ seen ~

I really don't want to explain it in every thread but good luck :D

russ3l

HSC
If your friend beasts it you'll both state rank provided that your external (which is assumed will be allocated to him) doesn't drag him down. There seriously no full indication on whether someone will state rank or not because there are just tooooo many factors to consider, you may have fucked up without knowing

But I hope you get high :) I'm searching for high as well but my state rank potential is looking close to 0 when considering what I just said! Oh well, I'm happy with a 94-95 but will be a little down if I get anything lower than 93, especially since the person who was 2nd in my cohort is looking for about a 95/6 raw

Too many variables to consider, basically

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
wait, so is it just externals or just internals? don't have to explain just final answer haha
State rank is based on the AVERAGE of your external and internal.
smh; it is based on Both but externals have more "weighting"

if you get 96 exam + 99 assessment -> 98 but someone else who got 98 raw but 97 assessment -> goes to 98 also but it would go to the latter person in this simplified case

If your friend beasts it you'll both state rank provided that your external (which is assumed will be allocated to him) doesn't drag him down. There seriously no full indication on whether someone will state rank or not because there are just tooooo many factors to consider, you may have fucked up without knowing

But I hope you get high :) I'm searching for high as well but my state rank potential is looking close to 0 when considering what I just said! Oh well, I'm happy with a 94-95 but will be a little down if I get anything lower than 93, especially since the person who was 2nd in my cohort is looking for about a 95/6 raw

Too many variables to consider, basically
this pretty much

lebomatic

HSC
You guys are so retarded. State ranks are only based on externals.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
It's the whole HSC mark, internal + external.

External marks are NOT given more weighting, it is equal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)