Rate the exam (out of 10) *poll* (1 Viewer)

How was it?

• Total voters

stazi

Nightman
HSC
poll about to be put up.

I'd rate it an 8. I was very happy with what i wrote, although question couldve been better for essay

HSC
N/A

I'm happy that I got to write a story, but really pissed off at weird essay question which I didn't really understand. Pissed off at myself for not being more versatile - I'm so used to a particular type of RFTG question.

Feeling very insecure. Anyone got chocolate on them?!?!?!?!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
ive given it 7 (i think!). i thought it was...wierd i guess. the whole stimulus picture thing really threw me. when i first saw it i thought it was going to be the creative piece. i didn;t like the way it gave you the picture as a starting point for the essay rather than just give you a direct question. and no-one that ive talked to is sure about whether you were meant to directly refer to the text (eg. "The stimulus material provided") or whether it was that your interpretation of what the stimulus meant was supposed to form your thesis.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
the latter
u needed no explicit connection, only to show how your intro was derrived from the picture

i.e for spec fic that the genre is a plethora of lots of different preocnceived notions.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I give it 6. The essay was fantastic (pomo), I'd give that 10/10, but the creative brings it down....I thought the quote was terrible to try to relate to pomo, and I wasn't at all planning to do a story, so I ended up writing 8 pages of stuff that didn't have many pomo techniques at all and just focused on the concepts. Gaah, I even read the notes from the marking centre last night, "candidates were strong with regard to concepts but struggled with techniques."
That's me. Except I DON'T struggle with techniques, I just didn't have time to figure out how to incorporate them into my crappy story.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i acutally made explicit refferece, i do spec fic btw.
i said
from the supplied image it is evident that speculative fiction is an ex post facto phenomena induced when a plethora of preconceived notions are placed under a socially governed umbrella.... and then conitnued

mozzie

HSC
it was a horrible horrible exam...even though the qs were kinda ok...still a horrible horrible exam....all i have to say is thank god i do 11 units

petayani

HSC
gordo said:
i acutally made explicit refferece, i do spec fic btw.
i said
from the supplied image it is evident that speculative fiction is an ex post facto phenomena induced when a plethora of preconceived notions are placed under a socially governed umbrella.... and then conitnued
*gasps* Did you have that sentence planned or are you just good?! With all those 'big' words you'd do great at history extension.

fantasia

HSC
just a moderate paper. the creative writing was quite easy... and it was very broad.. we could write in any form that we chose

previous years there have been specific stipulated texts but this year it was quite open.

Jems

Ill give the exam a 9..its was good, good questions easy and broad...
but then again, ill only give my response about a 6 or 7...i stupidly forgot to mention the pic...hehe
ah well..nearly all finished
:)

M

mick18

Man, it was so damn easy, I swear, if you get less than 80% you really should not have done advanced, let alone extension

stazi

Nightman
HSC
mmm and then the marking guidelines come out. and everyone gets 70%.

M

mick18

cleopatra said:
yeah thats right. we'll prob all go average cos it will b marked so hard. DAMN THE BOS! Damn them to hell! y do they not let us succeed?!

Calm thyself cleopatra, control your emotions.

The only person who can truly be blamed for not allowing you to succeed is yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)