question about hamlet..... (1 Viewer)

Alx2

HSC
the question today on confrontation and resolution...

i did he was confronted with mortality but in graveyard scene it resolved...
similarly i also did the theme of loyalty as his confronted with a split crisis between loyalty towards father but is a humanist thinker...

is this right ? i completely stuffed mod b,,,,
and btw what IS textual form ? (for mod a frankenrunner)

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
the question today on confrontation and resolution...

i did he was confronted with mortality but in graveyard scene it resolved...
similarly i also did the theme of loyalty as his confronted with a split crisis between loyalty towards father but is a humanist thinker...

is this right ? i completely stuffed mod b,,,,
and btw what IS textual form ? (for mod a frankenrunner)
Textual form is like whether it's a novel, sonnet, film, painting etc...

zb123

HSC
You didn't have to say how it was resolved, just the tension was needed, so you could have explored the middle soliloquies and the struggle.

cookeemonstah

HSC
dood one of my themes was corruption of power so I was like wtf how does that show tension.

WhatCnut

HSC
Uni Grad
Well I wrote that tension was created in the confrontation of his confilcting beliefs (ie. Protestantism / Humanism), with the resolution being when he says "Speak daggers to her" (Loss of rationalism, Humanism prevails), confronation 2 being suicide (started in To be or not to be), furthered in Take arms against a sea of troubles, resolved with "let be", and confrontation being his attitude towards death, confronation being with his mother, resolution being his humorous attitude towards afterlife (ie. "A king may progress through the guts of a beggar").
Basically I argued that these confrontations and their resolutions created tension that was revealed through Shakespeare's characterisation of Hamlet.

Alx2

HSC
hmm howd u talk about textual integrity being sustained ? i just randomly put it in end of paragraphs lol

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Well I wrote that tension was created in the confrontation of his confilcting beliefs (ie. Protestantism / Humanism), with the resolution being when he says "Speak daggers to her" (Loss of rationalism, Humanism prevails), confronation 2 being suicide (started in To be or not to be), furthered in Take arms against a sea of troubles, resolved with "let be", and confrontation being his attitude towards death, confronation being with his mother, resolution being his humorous attitude towards afterlife (ie. "A king may progress through the guts of a beggar").
Basically I argued that these confrontations and their resolutions created tension that was revealed through Shakespeare's characterisation of Hamlet.
I did that practically the same. I talked about the confrontation between living up to revenge for his Father, or his morals and the tension is highlighted through his psychological chaos.
Second, I talked about the confrontation with Claudius, physically in essence. The tension he feels firstly towards the nature of the relationship ("sometimes our sister...") and thus, the bitterness he had towards Claudius, that not only increased the tension between them, but his inaction.

Hopefully, it answered it a little bit ...

katebeast

HSC
I said the tension between confrontation and resloution was driven by the theme of appearances and reality in which Shakespeare crafts Hamlet's character with an obsession with discovering the truth within the corruption around him. Confrontation, I interpreted, was the act of revenge from his father, but also confronting himself on a deeper emotional level, and resolution I spoke about his inner turmoils being resolved but there was a tension also between loyalty and morality which affected his ability to act and blah blah. I really wasn't sure if I was off my face, or onto something that miiiiight be interpreted as correct haha

ArtisanBlade

HSC
Well the question asked about tension between confrontation and resolution.
This can be read as the tension stemming from confrontation, building and accumulating to the resolution, which relieves the tension. In the context of Hamlet, I found it best to focus around the characterisation of Hamlet himself. The initial confrontation was with King Hamlet, the tensions stemmed from his inability to make up his mind about whether he should kill Claudius and the evident resolution was the scene at the very end where he achieves vengeance, albeit at the cost of his own life. Throughout this there are hundreds of minor instances of confrontation/resolution and of course when Fortinbras takes the throne at the end we are left feeling somewhat uneasy, perhaps a new, unresolved confrontation?

The question is about your reading of Hamlet. There is no right/wrong answer/interpretation provided you back it up with quotes and techniques.

mickk794

HSC
crap i ran out of time and only got to write an intro and 1 other paragraph ;(
the bad thing was i full did a plan off my quotes and essay structure..that prob. made me waste heaps of time.

phoeberjackson

HSC
they consider the quotes and essay structure into your marks if you didn't get time to finish the essay @mickk794

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)