Question 8 (1 Viewer)

Mill

HSC
I didn't sit it being year of 02 and all that jazz but I'm told it WAS pi irrationality after all. :)

Gruma

HSC
the last part was pi irrationality but i didnt even bother because the rest of the question was just to hard.
The first part involved integration by parts.

the whole paper though was a right off...... impossible!

Shoey

It was better overall than what I was expecting.
First couple of questions were really good :D , but the remainder were not so good :confused: .
And that projectile motion question was purely evil.
:chainsaw:

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
pi irrationality and.....ummmm....something pretty tough with binomial expansion involving complex cube roots of one....probably got 6/15 for q8

N

ND

The first part of the irrationality of pi came out easily, but i didn't attempt much more since they were only worth 1 mark each. I didn't get teh last part of teh binomials though.

Affinity

HSC
part iv could be done by claiming (Pi^2/4 - x^2) < pi^2/4 and cos(x)<1

then integrating In

v just follows on.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
would u believe my maths class got this q as a handout with solutions.... and i read thru it again in the holidays....

but only had like 5 min in the exam to do it... and writing out that big chnunky integral took a big chunk of the time... meh:(

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz i fink the pper is alrite this year..... not THAT hard, but still pretty hard... i didn't do last 2 parts for pi irrationality, and didn't do the second last part for binomial..... and some other mumble jumbles too...... but still...... on average pretty positive towards the 4u..... =) btw, i fink i lost 13 marks jsut by not doin it...... :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz i fink the pper is alrite this year..... not THAT hard, but still pretty hard... i didn't do last 2 parts for pi irrationality, and didn't do the second last part for binomial..... and some other mumble jumbles too...... but still...... on average pretty positive towards the 4u..... =) btw, i fink i lost 13 marks jsut by not doin it...... :p

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hmm i didn't get out heeeaps of the paper, the pi irrationality went over my head.. so did binomial and projectile etc
but the circle geom and inequalities were surprisingly easy. and there were 3 marks just to work out the foci, e and directrices of an ellipse

fitz33

HSC
i didnt think it was too bad..managed to get it all out
they made part b look a lot harder than it actually was

MyLuv

I couldnt have enough time for 8b(didnt do any thing):(
Except for question8 lost about 10 marks and about 2 more of 4 marks question i got everything(hopefully:) )

smeyo

yeah i looked at it at first and it seemed to hard but then i ran out of time to do it, but looked at it when i got home and it wasnt to bad. got most of the binomial done just ran out of time again.. but the projectile bit was fine, one section i was actually able to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)