Question 3 |4 | 5 (2 Viewers)

Jexi

HSC
rowan brand said:
i think he was satisfied "that has made all the difference". but i more focussed on the lifechanging nature of Frosts decision to become a poet which is told through teh physical jounrey of the walker in teh woods.

U doing advaanced...... gah.... gotta study powerplay harwood and trans (RAGAD/Hamlet)
Yea that sounds about right.

Yep Advanced. Funny, we're doing almost the same texts (minus powerplay, I do Truth).

cigi_k

HSC
Boo hoo

DementedDonkey said:
Well, I thought the question sucked a bit for physical journeys.. i can see how it would be good for inner or imaginative.. but it just seemed too.. vague? for physical.. did anyone else do pj and find that?
Yes! I did physical journeys as well and i found it quite a challenge... I'm getting a bit distressed that most people found it fantastically easy! Congratulations to those people! :)

I spend quite a bit of time on it (i have terrible time management skills)... i had alot to write but found it hard to link it effectively to the question... I finished a booklet... but like i said... i have terrible time management skills and i can say that my creative writing piece suffered! :( hope we do well.

Goodluck in the other exams!

Cigi

billbro

HSC
N/A
Was dissapointed with my effort, I still managed a booklet but with that said I don't think my response answered the question well and I mentioned an additional related text and stimulus in the introduction that I didn't even have time to comment on during the body. I did physical journeys as well but I don't think the question was that bad but rather my response to it was not as well written as I would have hoped. =(

cigi_k

HSC
rowan brand said:
AMEN TO THAT

Physical journeys i reccon were disadvantaaged. Probably inner too. becuase i did Lionheart and how the hell does a guy who sails around teh world ALONE effect my understanding of myself? PFFTTTT

I found myself talking about concequences of journeys and their effects on teh journeyers and how this can teach us as responders something... weather we be the world or individuals.... yadda ytadda

Imaginitive is more philosphical and gives u more universal themes to deal with.

I did 11 pages and used 2 related (TS Eliot poem and Wizard of Oz )and "the road not taken"

Any other physical ones out there?
Yes... I did physical journeys... I discussed three Skrzynecki poems and three supplementary texts (including the BOS material). I did 'Crossing the Red Sea', 'Immigrants at Central Station,1951' and 'Migrant Hostel' as my poems. My supps were 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade', 'Only Ten' and 'Journeys Over Land and Sea'. I found it difficult and struggled. I spent way too much time on it! :(

Hope you did well. :) Goodluck!

Cigi

tholcx

HSC
i thought it was an excellent question, i seem to excell at the broad questions, i hate the more narrow minded ones. Any way one thing that did bum me out was i had to do the physical journey question. I never liked studying physical journeys...

Anyway i just went on about how people assume physical journeys are more straight forward than inner/imaginative journeys and used examples from skyznecki's Crossing the Red Sea, David Fincher's Fight Club and Robert Frost's Road Not Taken, and their influence on my understanding of My self, The Individual and The World, focusing mainly on the fact that the physical journeys they relate to teach us about peoples differeing point of view, and decision and consequence etc etc.

in short: not a bad question.

raistlin

HSC
the question was very easy.... but i didnt like how its for "yourself"

i was disappointed with my concept. i should've reffered back to my self...

Tynjail

I'll admit it.....

Well talk about demoralised. It seems as though everyone found the essay question easy and not me. I had alot of difficulty relating it to myself (my supp. texts didn't help) and half way through talking about "My Place" i got my structure all muddled and it turned into crap.

i mean i talke about the concepts, techniques etc and used quotes but it was pathetic at only 6 pages!!! OMG that sux. then again i'm a slow writer with very squishy hand-writing. Oh well BLOW THAT TEST TO HELL!!!

P.s mind you i found Question 1 to be quite manageable even though it took me the whole 40 mins.

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
i liked the question... i found it difficult to respond to the "how has this" idea..... because in all honesty i don't know how it shaped my reading and view on the journey.... i found it a little hard to voice my opion to the physical journey as i am used to writing in strict essay format... and this asked what i had learned.... hmmm anyway.... at least i could voice what i thought and how i had learnt it ...... except it was kinda difficult saying what i belived ... instead of giving a generic view where i couldn't refer to me or i .... oh welllssss

HyPnOtiSeD

be my bad boy ...
HSC
i think it was a good question .. i thought it would have been a bit more complicated or something .. although i am thankful :) goodluck everyone for thursday :D n lets hope the questions are as good as todays hehe

Kazness

HSC
I loved the question (for imaginative) It was perfect to the essay I studied. Very broad and perfect for imaginative journeys. Tres Happy.

And to the person with this pic (http://img47.echo.cx/img47/8596/untitled1ws.jpg) as their signature- THAT IS TOPS !! I really want to do it too, but I know my photo won't be nearly as good as this. Congrats.

Good luck for thursday everyone.

HSC
so so..

Tynjail said:
Well talk about demoralised. It seems as though everyone found the essay question easy and not me. I had alot of difficulty relating it to myself (my supp. texts didn't help) and half way through talking about "My Place" i got my structure all muddled and it turned into crap.

i mean i talke about the concepts, techniques etc and used quotes but it was pathetic at only 6 pages!!! OMG that sux. then again i'm a slow writer with very squishy hand-writing. Oh well BLOW THAT TEST TO HELL!!!

P.s mind you i found Question 1 to be quite manageable even though it took me the whole 40 mins.
I liked the question, it's simple to me, but maybe it's difficult for you, but who knows, you still did the requirements.

I did "my place" as well, and got somewhere between 4-6 pages? I had one booklet text, one prescribed and one related before i went outta time to do my other booklet and related texts...
considering i'm taking a slower speed than usual and have big handwriting, perhaps i should be panicking?

What's gone's gone. Good luck to all for paper 2!~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
btw, how many pages are there in a booklet? About 10?

*edit* thanks to the people who answered the question -
8 pages per booklet

that's about right, making me did about half the booklet, my guess is about right. Thanks pplz~!

Debs

HSC
yea- it was a good question i agree- something that was very broad - but it think alot of people had trouble understanding what the question was actually asking for - and linking that to everything they had learnt

someone said they didnt know how to answer the 'how it shaped..' part.. i took that as mainly the techniques employed by the different composers.

anyway- for that section i would have liked to have spent a little more time to include my second related text - oh well.... done now!

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
great question... fitted my early prepared one perfectly... just needed a little bit more on how it shaped understanding but other than that... i was great!!! did imaginative journeys... coleridge 2 poems, 1 bos text, and 2 related... nailed it!!! hehehe

hottie_mira

interesting question.. kind of threw me a bit.. wrote 11 pages..so happy with that! meh.. start studying for the next one..hahah goodluck all of u guys!

kezryn

HSC
i only wrote like 5, everyone is complaining bout the exam, give it up. the hsc isnt the end ppl its only the beginninjg. hepas of ppl are talking like there is nothing after it, there is so many chances after it, i reckon its over rated stupid fukin hsc

cataleptic

HSC
I liked the question, I was able to adapt my arguments to it quite well.

I especially liked the bit about the 'world' because I was discussing how Gow dramatically re-enacts Australia's journey to multiculturalism, so I got to use that without sounding like I was totally pulling things out of my arse.

d_a_n_z

HSC
i think i only intergrated teh question at the end of every paragraph, and not really it was pretty generic....how many marks am i going to lose...:(:(:(:(

mel_21

HSC
I didn't think the question was too challenging, although I think I stuffed up majorly because of the broadness of it. I did about 13 pages but I used 2 related texts instead, which I don't think did me any favours. I guess the only thing to do is look ahead at the rest of the exams that are coming, because goodness knows I'm looking forward to them!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)