question 1 - Genre (1 Viewer)

smeyo

i repeated my self a little bit to in the crime creative too... i think... hopefully not to much or to bad.....

Wiggum

Originally posted by Huy
Don't you mean quality over quantity? You can crap on for 4 booklets and receive ziltch, and have one other student go through 1 entire booklet (writing normally/"slowly" you might put it, and receive 20/25).
If you've actually noticed, if you're able to crap on and half know what you're on about and the thing makes sense, then markers look favourably towards that. That's what i meant about the rule of thumb being quantity over quality, since you can get more marks for doing a crappier essay than someone who's done a better essay yet wrote jackall pages. Of course it SHOULD be quality over quantity, but unfortunately it's not.

Huy

HSC
N/A
D'oh.

I assumed everyone doing Ext Eng did at least 5-6 pages minimum per response, with those exceedingly confident writing 10+ (normal A4 paper).

malayz_angel

Well I wrote about 14 pages for the first essay...still only talked about 2 supp and 2 related texts though. And since I came up with those pages spur of the moment, no I don't know how that worked out! I wrote significantly less for the second question (creative writing), about six pages or so, but oh well...

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Am i the only one who thought q1 was gay, i couldnt structure my info properly and and put in my good points and essays are what im best at. I always plan to go longer for an essay and spend about 40mins for creative writing. I would have liked it beta if they broke q1 up into each elective and asked questions like that, instead of one generic genre question.

d__o__a

DOA
HSC
N/A
yeh the genre essay wasnt that specific pretty general. i did TBS, SBTS, conan doyle's hound of baskervilles and CSI

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but one of the dot points you are marked on is that you can "sustain an extended composition"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)