queries about cohort (1 Viewer)

psmao

HSC
Hey guys! Just have a question about our cohort. Our physics teacher is bludging this year (he only gives photocopies of a textbook and literally just read it out)
This results in our cohort are very bad. we have 13 ppl in our cohort and only 6 of us are studying. The rest literally handed in blank exam papers in the trial exam.
Teacher's marking is not objective as he kept marking us low initially, and gave back tons of mark.
He admitted he rushed marking and he clearly spent more time doing his part time job at a pharmacy.

AND i am so regret that i couldnt get 1st place...(what a shame). i ranked 3rd (bc i was quite busy on other stuff in term 1 and fked up that assessment).

Just wondering how could this cohort affect me.

FUN FACT: we did our first assessment in Nov 2018 and we got it back in April 2019 :(

Last edited:

Arrowshaft

HSC
Hey guys! Just have a question about our cohort. Our physics teacher is bludging this year (he only gives photocopies of a textbook and literally just read it out)
This results in our cohort are very bad. we have 13 ppl in our cohort and only 6 of us are studying. The rest literally handed in blank exam papers in the trial exam.
Teacher's marking is not objective as he kept marking us low initially, and gave back tons of mark.
He admitted he rushed marking and he clearly spent more time doing his part time job at a pharmacy.

AND i am so regret that i couldnt get 1st place...(what a shame). i ranked 3rd (bc i was quite busy on other stuff in term 1 and fked up that assessment).

Just wondering how could this cohort affect me.

FUN FACT: we did our first assessment in Nov 2018 and we got it back in April 2019 :(
From what I can tell, you seem very competent. Don’t fret now, as there is nothing you can do to change it, just try your best in the exam. Also 3rd is a good rank, what’s your school rank by the way and the gaps between 1st .2nd and 3rd? I’m asking to analyse your moderation

psmao

HSC
From what I can tell, you seem very competent. Don’t fret now, as there is nothing you can do to change it, just try your best in the exam. Also 3rd is a good rank, what’s your school rank by the way and the gaps between 1st .2nd and 3rd? I’m asking to analyse your moderation
thanks for replying xD

my school rank is 340, and the gaps should be 10%, 15% respectivly

Arrowshaft

HSC
thanks for replying xD

my school rank is 340, and the gaps should be 10%, 15% respectivly
If the gaps are 10-15% moderation shouldn’t be too bad, so if you do well in the HSC, it won’t be a big deal and should have little to no effect.

TeheeCat

HSC
God, I thought we attended the exact same school until you mentioned your school rank. Nearly had a heart attack there....

As Arrowshaft said, you should definitely be alright since you are closer to 1st place as opposed to the bottom half. Make sure you try your best in tomorrow's exam.

Also, according to NESA's site, they exclude: "students whose performance in the examination is markedly below what was expected on the basis of their performance relative to the group in the assessment" during the moderation process. So the students who gave blank trial papers (seriously, why are they even doing Physics?) shouldn't drag you down if they perform exceptionally bad again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)