Queenwood Day (1 Viewer)

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Okay, cough up, who's going to the Latin day at Queenwood tomorrow?

So far I have heard...
* PLC: Lil, Amy, Ying, Ash, Tash, Skido, Kim, Jess
* Newington
* Meriden

I just did my philosophy exam and I will have to sit a 3u maths exam very soon, so tomorrow I shall feel like bludging a day off school! Anyone else excited?

Jermir Caesar

HSC
N/A
To be honest ledzeppelin, unless you've really got translation and grammar under control, or you have really sharp note taking which you will refer to later on, this can be a waste. Last year all the lectures were very academic and commentary based, with the exception of Mrs Matters. Unfortunately most had forgotten what the HSC was about, i.e. the core translation, grammar, commentary, and unseen. I got down a fair bit of commentary down that day and ended up using bits in the HSC, but that's not what I enjoyed out of the day.

Latin is one of the few subjects which allows get togethers like the Classics Dinner and the study day, so make the most of it and meet your co-students before the best year of high school slips through your fingers. A day of fun with the pretext of learning won't hurt your HSC mark, and if you're like me, coming from a public school, you'll even get to marvel at where all the government spending goes!

Trillium

HSC
hehehe.
I went to this. I liked the TRDKE stuff. Otherwise... fish and chips for lunch was pretty cool. And the fact that Queenwood has...a cow... on their grass. o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)