Quanta to Quarks people~! (1 Viewer)

SureBluff

HSC
Yeah, I mentioned all the cross referencing stuff in the test, I just shortened it here. Similarly, I mentioned Einstein's equation and so on for other parts of question 31.

Oh, and Neutron scattering is wrong, what they gave you is a chain reaction where neutron is used to cause Uranium to undergo fission, hence it can be used in a nuclear reactor/powerplant. Neutron scattering is used for analysis of the crystalline structure of materials.

BobbyRocks

HSC
SureBluff said:
Yeah, I mentioned all the cross referencing stuff in the test, I just shortened it here. Similarly, I mentioned Einstein's equation and so on for other parts of question 31.

Oh, and Neutron scattering is wrong, what they gave you is a chain reaction where neutron is used to cause Uranium to undergo fission, hence it can be used in a nuclear reactor/powerplant. Neutron scattering is used for analysis of the crystalline structure of materials.
lol.. it is correct

Benmc

HSC
What did people put about the cylcotron. I've never learnt about such a thing except for it accelerates charged particles and collides em.

Whats the AC current for????

Cheers

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
whats the answer to the very first one mark question in Q2Q?

Wackedupwacko

HSC
basically it said for the electron to fall down an energy state THUS the initial n must be greater than the final n. THUS the table can only comprise of half of it since the other half would be hte reverse... initial n less than final n.

ii) basically just combine E=hf , c= f(landa) and 1/landa = R(1/nf^2 - 1/ni^2)

u get E=hcR (1/nf^2-1/ni^2) since u have the brackets in the table substitute in and u get 1.06 x 10^-19 J or 0.66 eV i believe.

bi) ... WTF? joke? i swear most bsable question..... i just ranted on about comparing various resources and their similarities and differences to judge validity.

ii) heisenberg = uncertainty principle , sought to create a mathematical model of the atom. go into detail about uncertainty principle.
pauli = exclusion principle, no electron can have the same 4 quantum numbers... also introduced electron spin (4th quantum number) which explained things such as y 2,8,16,32,16 electrons in outer shell.
also predicted the existance of neutrino which allowed Fermi to explain beta decay.

(that question i learnt because i got raped for it in my trial... same question... 7 marks instead tho)

c) rant about nuclear fission.... how it works.... pretty much it... i branched abit into saying how its effective for society yet devastating at the same time... wrote about a page and a bit on it

d)i) cyclotron is designed to accelerate particles radially.as the particle gets faster its radius increases thus the distance it travels in the "Dee" is longer therefore continued acceleration can be achieved . this allows for no change in current to sustain the acceleration until it reaches the end. much more compact thatn linear. (pretty much thats what i bsd about)
ii)cyclotron and other accelerators allowed us to investigate further into matter by creating particles that otherwise cannot be created artificially such as muons. this has allowed study and developmento fthe current standard model of matter where quarks and leptons exist.
iii) uud for proton and udd for neutron

Last edited:

NightShadow

HSC
with the reliability thinGO.. i talked about the ability of sources to be verified and approved..such as physics journals... being approved by professors while internet soures are usually not... and also first hand information and second hand information and the reliability with that

for the fission.. it said development of technology... - so i talked about what it was.. it releases great energy and so manhattan project was the first technology to harness that power... talked about the components of that.. then talked how the process and technology has developed to the modern day using heavy water and robotics to prevent people from gettin irradiated and stuff like that....then i was basically like energy used to boil water for steam.

cyclotron - plates to accelerate
- magnetic field to undergo circular motion so you can have a larger distance for accerlation wahtever
- AC current to reverce current when its at the top and bottom..because at the top it needds a different polarity to the bottom

dunno04

HSC
Q to Q.
IT is easy
Controlled fission reaction. I think everyone should know.

the testin to ensure the reliability of source is bullshit all the way

Cyclotron is about centripetal force...and that it is part of the syllabus, so people should know.

Pauli and heinsenberg....they are easy

OVerall.
Q to Q People. You guys are lucky to have such easy question.
=D

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
lol Yeah for that 7 mark question I just went, energy produced through mass defect of the transmutation, with E=mc^2

Then busted on some stuff about nuclear reactors, as it specified how the reaction was used in a controlled and sustainable way ie nuclear reactor

lol And I got the energy like most people correct, except the other person who did Q2Q in my class (we did it on our own, the rest did medical) got it out, and then specified that it was approximately 1 electron volt, which I swear is the 4th mark, otherwise its too easy.
Atleast I was mediumly happy with the option

macoboi

HSC
Rax said:
which I swear is the 4th mark
maybe, but if they didnt specify the units they wanted, its a bit unfair to mark people down for not answering in eV. its not like joules isnt a measure of energy.

dunno04

HSC
macoboi said:
maybe, but if they didnt specify the units they wanted, its a bit unfair to mark people down for not answering in eV. its not like joules isnt a measure of energy.
well..
i reckon J works too
Unless it stated that they want it.

Otherwise....it shud work.
I don't think they will mark u down.
BUT not writing units is one mark.
=D

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
dunno04 said:
well..
i reckon J works too
Unless it stated that they want it.

Otherwise....it shud work.
I don't think they will mark u down.
BUT not writing units is one mark.
=D
what if u write units, but write wrong number? :p

that's discrimination if not i tell ya!

dunno04

HSC
shinji said:
what if u write units, but write wrong number? :p

that's discrimination if not i tell ya!
lol
WEll...Wrong Number....means WRONG.
NO point getting the mark for unit..
Unless u show the working out....
BUt get the wrong answer thru calculation...

xD

Amish27

HSC
so....that question on the satellite stationary in space 10,000 from the dentre of the planet.
Takes 1MJ to get it to 20,000, how much energy required to get it to 80,000. Was this extremely hard or quite simple...cos i think i took the simple...and wrong option.

dunno04

HSC
Amish27 said:
so....that question on the satellite stationary in space 10,000 from the dentre of the planet.
Takes 1MJ to get it to 20,000, how much energy required to get it to 80,000. Was this extremely hard or quite simple...cos i think i took the simple...and wrong option.
hmm..i gues u use the W=fs..
Right?
i do too..
Mayb we are right?
haha
=D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)