Q26 - Distribution strategies (1 Viewer)

What did you write about in regards to 'Distribution channels'?

• Total voters
HSC
Re: Petition about Question 26

what was so hard about the question???

Just tell me what e-commerce is and how it helps people to communication
then distribution strategies.... so how to expand (export, FDI, Management contract etc...) and how much to expand (aka selective, intensive and exclusive)
then finance it... (debt, equity, grants, venture captial etc...)

EASY!!!!

i can see how ppl can get confused... but it was fairly easy if u understood what the bos were talking about

michael1990

HSC

Question 26

Elaine’s business markets a popular range of jewellery based on Australian wildlife. She sells her product to shops who then sell to consumers. She credits her success to the relationship marketing strategies she has implemented with the shop owners. However she realises that this type f marketing is very time-consuming.

Elaine is keen to expand her business overseas and she has decided to use e-commerce to communicate with overseas distributors. She is, however, worried about a possible negative cash flow in the initial stages of expansion.

She has two man onjectives for the expansion:
· Marketing – To become the preferred supplier of her overseas distributors.
· Financial – to maintain solvency

Her management team plans to meet to discuss overseas distribution and the options for financing the expansion.

Prepare a report that could be given to Elaine's management team.
In your report, you should:
  • Outline how e-commerce can assist Elaine to maintain relationships with overseas distributors
  • Explain ONE distribution strategy for the overseas market
  • Evaluate ONE method which could be used to finance the expansion

Last edited:

wLym

HSC

I just wrote anything closely related to it from the syllabus dot points and twisted it so it related to the question, thats what they are looking for in the end - syllabus dot points. They probably put those questions in to test out which students panicked, and which students just calmed down and said "hey, they can only ask what is in the syllabus, so ill just put down the things i know"

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

michael1990 said:
Question 26

Elaine’s business markets a popular range of jewellery based on Australian wildlife. She sells her product to shops who then sell to consumers. She credits her success to the relationship marketing strategies she has implemented with the shop owners. However she realises that this type f marketing is very time-consuming.

Elaine is keen to expand her business overseas and she has decided to use e-commerce to communicate with overseas distributors. She is, however, worried about a possible negative cash flow in the initial stages of expansion.

She has two man onjectives for the expansion:
· Marketing – To become the preferred supplier of her overseas distributors.
· Financial – to maintain solvency

Her management team plans to meet to discuss overseas distribution and the options for financing the expansion.

Prepare a report that could be given to Elaine's management team.
In your report, you should:
  • Outline how e-commerce can assist Elaine to maintain relationships with overseas distributors
  • Explain ONE distribution strategy for the overseas market
  • Evaluate ONE method which could be used to finance the expansion
Thanks for posting that up. :)

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A

a petition?

lol, get over it. its an exam.

michael1990

HSC

tabbaa said:
did anyone write personal selling + relationship marketing etc.. to maintain relation ship..

eg methods of acquiring funds

pre payment + letter of credit along with it because she was scared of her solvency
Yes i wrote those.
Except for letter of credit as its one of the most riskful strategies for exporters.

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC

I dont even do business studies, and i know i could get full marks for that question.

stormz89

HSC

Think of the whole exam this way, they don't base you on the marking guidelines, they actually based you against everyone else in the state (in terms of the extended responses) so it turns out no one got it right, then the critera for marking guidelines will be lowered. So aslong as you made a fair effort you'll still get a decent mark. Meaning export or selective will still be correct. E commerce well honestly thats easy quit your bitching. And financing was easy. its from a past HSC paper. Glad I studied.

So don't worry if you did exporting and think its wrong or the other way because aslong as you do a well structured response with correct business terms you'll still get decent marks.

Hodgeyboy2505

HSC
Haha bit bummed about my answer for this bit

i couldnt make up my mind so i rattled off both
[Exclusive, Selective and Intensive = Then Described ONE]

then i also covered a method of expansion but listed them all
[Export, FDI Etc.]

I hope i go alright

Couldnt make up my mind. That may have killed my marks a bit

Geohood

HSC
I talked about Exporting, Intensive, Selective and Physical distribution...... did I miss anything??? LOL, I dont feel confident about my answer though.

michael1990

HSC

jasonml said:
I dont even do business studies, and i know i could get full marks for that question.
You have no idea.
What an assumption you just made.

OxiDe

HSC

jasonml said:
shit idiot

jakus

HSC

I found nothing wrong with question 26 at all. Just know your syllabus, and you'll know what they're asking.

One thing about the finance though, I don't think they were asking for internal/external as much as they were looking for the global financial management sources of finance (domestic loan, international loan, government grants, international factoring). That was my interpretation of the question anyway.

The e-commerce was quite simple, only an outline and I'm sure you all spend enough time on the internet to realise how businesses use it (advertising, selling, transferring money).

Distribution strategies could have included distribution channels/channel choice, I think the markers will be lenient as to which the person chooses because asking for "Strategies" probably wasn't the best way to word that.

mcs-one

Grease Bucket
HSC
seano77 said:
I agree with this.. however since in the stimulus they already commented on her using a distributor I'm leaning towards channel choice.
yer but thats domestically. talking about globally.

HSC

michael1990 said:
Yes i wrote those.
Except for letter of credit as its one of the most riskful strategies for exporters.
Letters of credit is one of the least risky strategies for exporters. A letter of credit is [SIZE=-1]a letter from a bank guaranteeing that a buyer's payment to a seller will be received on time and for the correct amount. That means the exporter can be assured he is going to get his money XD[/SIZE]

michael1990

HSC

18836165 said:
Letters of credit is one of the least risky strategies for exporters. A letter of credit is [SIZE=-1]a letter from a bank guaranteeing that a buyer's payment to a seller will be received on time and for the correct amount. That means the exporter can be assured he is going to get his money XD[/SIZE]
Sorry it was the wrong way to structure my response.

What i mean't was. I didn't write that strategy because i wrote pre-payment which is the least risk for an exporter.

JosephW

HSC
My outline for Q26:

E-Commerce

• Relationship marketing
  • Improved communication
  • Faster cash flow with quick payments
Distribution Strats
  • Distribution Channel (producer-consumer-producer)
  • Channel Choice (intensive to become preferred supplier)
  • Physical Distribution (by air, faster, efficient etc)
Finance the Expansion
  • Equity finance (wanted to keep solvency the same)
  • Cash flow management (worried about negative cashflow)
  • Hedging, methods of payment, insurance
I thought I covered pretty much everything

HSC
JosephW said:
I thought I covered pretty much everything
Yeah that does, though you can't have had much time to go into detail...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)