q. 15 (1 Viewer)

misch

was just wondering, for question 15
Which of the following best describes the right to universal suffrage?
a) a collective cultural right
b) a collective economic right
c) an individual political right
d) an individual political right

wouldnt the right to universal suffrage (ie. for EVERYONE to vote) be a collective right rather than an individual right?> it seems everyone put C (me included) but looking back over the paper, the word universal kinda throws off the idea to me that its individual..??
i dont know... just a though
wanted to see other ppls rationalisation as am probably wrong here

shazabdazla

every individual has the right to vote. collective rights belong to a group of people, not individuals. individual rights can be universal, as opposed to domestic.

the right to suffrage is a political right. the only option available which specifies a political right is (c).

The only collective right within the syllabus is the right to self determination. this is different to universal suffrage.

also, by elimination, obviously, suffrage is not a moral right, so (d) is out. it is also not a cultural right or an economic right. hence the answer is (c).

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
Originally posted by shazabdazla
every individual has the right to vote. collective rights belong to a group of people, not individuals. individual rights can be universal, as opposed to domestic.

the right to suffrage is a political right. the only option available which specifies a political right is (c).

The only collective right within the syllabus is the right to self determination. this is different to universal suffrage.

also, by elimination, obviously, suffrage is not a moral right, so (d) is out. it is also not a cultural right or an economic right. hence the answer is (c).
True that! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)