PSYC at UNSW (1 Viewer)

n_otaku

HSC
I'm currently doing a Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice but I wanted to change into another course. Not really enjoying the Social Research and Policy side of it which is compulsory and I don't think I can cope through it for the next 3 years.

Was wanting to move into a Bachelor of Psychological Science with a major in CRIM. However, what's the degree of knowledge I need in relation to science and maths for this course. I wasn't very good at both of those subjects in high school. Are the core subjects hard? The Lvl 1 cores seem fine but I've read the outline for the Lvl 2 and Lvl 3 cores and they seem quite difficult.

If not a Bachelor of Psyc, would it be better for me to move into a Bachelor of Arts instead majoring in Criminology?

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
I did no science subjects in the HSC and only did 2U math and I'm doing fine with my psych subjects, in 2nd year atm.
The only background knowledge you should have is basic statistics like mean and standard deviation, but if you need revision or wanna get ahead I highly recommend MATH1041, pretty much teaches you the stats you need for the 1st and most of 2nd year psych stats and its explained a lot better tbh.
Also don't freak yourself out by reading the outlines for lvl 2 and 3 courses, the lvl 1 courses give you all the foundation knowledge you'll need for them.
I also recommend doing Psyc1A or 1B if you have the chance so you know whether you like psych or not before transferring, they're popular gen eds so they're accessible for anyone, even those without a science background.
Lmk if you have anymore questions :)

psycho21

HSC
Uni Grad
Im in my first year doing psychological science majoring in neuroscience and I've quite enjoyed psych 1A and 1B. Also taking math1041 atm and looks like a really good subject so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)