pronouns (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
any thoughts about the use of pronouns. Do you think neo-pronouns i.e. identifying your pronouns as 'kitty' should be acceptable. feel free too discuss.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
any thoughts about the use of pronouns. Do you think neo-pronouns i.e. identifying your pronouns as 'kitty' should be acceptable. feel free too discuss.
Couldn’t care less on what people want themselves to be called, and I would call them that if they asked.

However people take these kind of things too far on occasions. Like Ive seen articles/complaints where people want documents and stuff to say birthing parent instead of mother because it’s not inclusive. Even as far as abolishing boys and girls sections in stores becuase the pronouns are not inclusive. I don’t wanna have to go through piles of clothes to find ones for boys.

stressedadfff

HSC
Couldn’t care less on what people want themselves to be called, and I would call them that if they asked.

However people take these kind of things too far on occasions. Like Ive seen articles/complaints where people want documents and stuff where people want documents to say birthing parent instead of mother because it’s not inclusive. Even as far as abolishing boys and girls sections in stores becuase the pronouns are not inclusive. I don’t wanna have to go through piles of clothes to find ones for boys.
i agree, i respect whatever you identify as or wotnot but i do believe theres an extent....

quickoats

HSC
Just curious why the pronoun 'they' doesn't cover everything? Referring to people as 'kitty' is not a pronoun - it's just a name/nickname?

Qeru

HSC
Just curious why the pronoun 'they' doesn't cover everything? Referring to people as 'kitty' is not a pronoun - it's just a name/nickname?
Thats interesting, I think they usually means you are non binary (no gender) and is gender neutral. whereas kitty...

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Referring to a person as they can be extremely detrimental in many places such as documents and cause a lot of confusion. So while in a private discussion with someone I would call them that if they asked, calling a person ‘they’ officially in documents is a massive detriment.

quickoats

HSC
Thats interesting, I think they usually means you are non binary (no gender) and is gender neutral. whereas kitty...
Yeah I meant what's wrong with calling people who refer to themselves as "kittyself" they? I would've thought they covers everything so it makes the 'kitty' redundant?

Qeru

HSC
Yeah I meant what's wrong with calling people who refer to themselves as "kittyself" they? I would've thought they covers everything so it makes the 'kitty' redundant?
Would you call your male friend they every time? You would say he or him right

quickoats

HSC
Would you call your male friend they every time? You would say he or him right
Yeah of course using he/him she/her. I was referring to all else using things other than 'they', as they seems like it should cover catself and whatever (soz for the ambiguous wording)

Qeru

HSC
Yeah of course using he/him she/her. I was referring to all else using things other than 'they', as they seems like it should cover catself and whatever (soz for the ambiguous wording)
Yeah so Im assuming if you are friends with a 'kitty,' (lol) you may want to use kitty as this is more friendly than using they, just like a male or female friend.

quickoats

HSC
Yeah so Im assuming if you are friends with a 'kitty,' (lol) you may want to use kitty as this is more friendly than using they, just like a male or female friend.
Doesn't that just become a nickname and a noun? Pronouns are used in place of a noun or noun phrase.

I understand why you wouldn't say "That is her drink bottle" but what's wrong with "that's their drink bottle"? "That's kitty's drink bottle" is just using a noun in a sentence?

Qeru

HSC
Doesn't that just become a nickname and a noun? Pronouns are used in place of a noun or noun phrase.

I understand why you wouldn't say "That is her drink bottle" but what's wrong with "that's their drink bottle"? "That's kitty's drink bottle" is just using a noun in a sentence?
Yeah I see what you mean

stressedadfff

HSC
Yes I get very confused like it was quite funny to me referring to them as them and at times they would get mad if you mistake it but like they get mad. Also yes neo-pronouns is a thing I don’t really get it at al like I get some don’t identify as a gender

stressedadfff

HSC
But like how do I call you “kitty” or “furry” when I’m referring to you. At times it’s v off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)