Procrastination (1 Viewer)

only99.97

HSC
Hi all. With this COVID-19 lockdown period looking longer than anticipated I'd like some productivity tips to avoid procrastination. I feel that in the first week I was doing well and even though I've been keeping up with my work, less and less effort is being put and with prelims nearing (if there are any) I really need to start studying seriously. Any advice on how to avoid procrastinating both in and out of online school is appreciated.

wzsmartypants

HSC
same bruh, really wanna study for selective test but kept getting distracted

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
You've just got to start. No amount of tips/advice will help. Know what you want and grind to get that.

HSC
Personally <3 Podmodro, set a timer (normally for 25 minutes), and force yourself to study for just 25 minutes. Then take a 2-3 minute break, and repeat; give yourself longer breaks after a few of these sessions.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I personally feel like addressing the issue of procrastination requires a bit more of a personalised approach depending on the student as the degree of procrastination may differ between students, meaning sometimes a more complex approach may be required as opposed to a general approach for those with low procrastination levels.

Procrastination is linked to the amount of time you’re allocating towards your studies as well as how well your study plan is organised. Because of this, you'll need to make sure you're handling your studies effectively, including breaking your tasks down into manageable parts, which helps in simplifying and shaping your study goals more effectively. This applies to all subjects that you're taking. In addition, and as mentioned above, you need to make sure you're regularly having breaks because the brain normally reaches a point where it is no longer able to handle/process information, leading to procrastination. Having short breaks at regular intervals will allow you to refresh your mind, so that when you come back to study, your brain will be able to handle and process information like it was when you started studying and so on, which ultimately allows you to procrastinate less.

I hope this helps! :D

DarkOperator618

HSC
Hi all. With this COVID-19 lockdown period looking longer than anticipated I'd like some productivity tips to avoid procrastination. I feel that in the first week I was doing well and even though I've been keeping up with my work, less and less effort is being put and with prelims nearing (if there are any) I really need to start studying seriously. Any advice on how to avoid procrastinating both in and out of online school is appreciated.
get stuck in lol

also, have some rewards. FOr example, you could set yourself a goal of 3 hrs of study, with a reward of 1.5hrs of gaming

works for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)