Premier's Awards (1 Viewer)

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Re: Premier's Awards...?

Damnit... I kinda wanted the trophy (I really don't care about the whole Premier thing). I know my friend is going crazy atm because she really really wanted it. I'm beginning to think she only worked so hard because of that hunk of glass.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC

o.bi.sess said:
Damnit... I kinda wanted the trophy (I really don't care about the whole Premier thing). I know my friend is going crazy atm because she really really wanted it. I'm beginning to think she only worked so hard because of that hunk of glass.
oh gosh
i didn't even know people GOT a hunk of glass for that..

ssglain

HSC

^ Neither did I. Haha.

My principal mentioned something about a ceremony at school with the mayor/MP/etc. Maybe we'll get the hunk of glass then? I don't mind a hunk of glass. :D

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

It's nothing more than a shard of etched glass stuck on a little glass plate.

vizman

HSC

o.bi.sess said:
i was under the impression u get both the trophy and the certificate :S

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC

vizman said:
i was under the impression u get both the trophy and the certificate :S

ditto... if we don't get the trophy then I feel ripped off - a trophy is surely more expensive than a piece of paper/cardboard =P

wenruoshi

HSC

ditto... if we don't get the trophy then I feel ripped off - a trophy is surely more expensive than a piece of paper/cardboard =P
haha...that's right...

iniv

HSC

I'm not too concerned about not attending the ceremony and all that- fine with just getting a certificate

my mum is pretty pissed off though...i think she was like 50 times more excited by results than i was lol
she wants to ring and complain or something :S I suppose if a lot people complained it would have some impact

yiwank

Chief Executive Member
HSC

Yea, you used to get 2000 dollars for it and the premier ACTUALLY attended but now, because more and more people are getting it, it's becoming less and less rewarding. Still, i'm happy to take the award, much better than getting nothing.

scandal

HSC

yiwank said:
Yea, you used to get 2000 dollars for it and the premier ACTUALLY attended but now, because more and more people are getting it, it's becoming less and less rewarding. Still, i'm happy to take the award, much better than getting nothing.
actually the $2000 was something different - it was/is the national students prize awarded to the top 500 students around Australia. Usually a UAI of 99.85 and over was required or was this case in my year

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC

I think the requirements for that (the Lord Florey Student Prize or whatever) nowadays aren't just UAI. I think its that you have to achieve at least 93 in 10 units -sort of like the Premier's Award but...better...

And has anyone actually received the Premier's Award certificate/trophy? When are we meant to receive it?

ssglain

HSC

BOS did say "Students will still be recognised on the All-Round Achievers List and will receive a Premier's Award. However, instead of attending a long ceremony in Sydney in March, they will receive the award with their HSC credentials in January."

I didn't get it with my HSC credentials. Neither did anyone else I know.

Nelson Russia

HSC

Hi, i was wondering whether anyone have received their HSC premier's award. When are they meant to be presented/ mailed to us? Thanks

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Premier's Awards 2007

Just wondering, you know.. if anybody got theirs yet... because if you did..

PLEASE TELL MEEEEE!! :(

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
Re: Premier's Awards 2007

I got mine :)
But dinner would have been a lot better than this crap...or atleast a trophy or something.

kevinant

HSC
Re: Premier's Awards 2007

Yea I got mine today
It's a glass plaque instrad of trophy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)