practical book + pracs (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
how important are pracs for the hsc (specifically for biology and chemistry)? both my chem and bio teachers have been telling my classes to have a prac book as it's important since year 11, but i don't remember being told why (+ i never really took the prac book seriously, just stuck the worksheets with the experiments into the prac book i got and never touched it until the next experiment). can the pracs we do in these subjects be brought up in the hsc??

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
In some cases you will encounter questions which will say something along the lines of "with reference to a practical you have conducted....".
So not all pracs, but some practicals are quite important.
As you do chemistry, the important practicals will be most of the analysis techniques such as titration, anion/cation identification. Then theres the practical to create a buffer solution, and creating a natural indicator.
Moreover when you start organic chemistry the practicals for enthalpy of combustion, and organic compound identification pracs will be important.
The types of questions you will encounter will be about the method of conducting those pracs, safety precautions, accuracy, precision etc. Or in MCQ's there will be a bunch of options and you have to choose which option is not the right step.
In terms of prac book, my teacher didn't make us have one but the other teacher made their class have one.

Vall

HSC
As you do chemistry, the important practicals will be most of the analysis techniques such as titration, anion/cation identification. Then theres the practical to create a buffer solution, and creating a natural indicator.
Moreover when you start organic chemistry the practicals for enthalpy of combustion, and organic compound identification pracs will be important.
Esterification is another important one for chem that seems to be often examined in HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)