Powerplay qn (1 Viewer)

anni

yeah..i think i did wat u two (Minai, and Fradam) did too for 1984...well hopefully...
sigh~ 1984 was my worst text...hopefully i'll do ok~
so glad eng is over~

Ozz^E

Interpretating the question.

I think the powerplay question was focusing (as many have realised) on the representation in the texts but i think most of us fail to realise that we need to talk about how (representation) certain ideas (the statements in the syllabus) are represented. SO for example how does your text show that power lies with the people or how does it portray the powerful figures and wat depictions does it gives of politics and the nature of powerplay.

There were 4 specific statements in the syllabus for this elective so i think if , in your response, you showed how your texts represent at least two of them (in sufficient detail) then youll be fine. E.g (1984): Orwells partciular use of perspective gives the text a unique subjective poignancy and things like ALLUSION to 'evil' empires (nazi germany, stalinist russia) allows Orwell to make the responders take his side in portraying Winston as a victim. In this way we are shown the abuse of power by the state - the Inner Party and thier portrayal is one of going after power for the sake of power with no integrity, morals etc etc. In Julius Caesar the frequent use of Irony is reflective of the unpredictable nature of powerplay and politics yada yada.

SO basically were showing HOW our texts (be it thorugh events, personalities or situations) shape meaning.

Thats my interpretation anyway...and since im not one of the examiners... I could well be wrong.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)