Postmodernism (1 Viewer)

C

Crazy Pomo

Wow. Chronic.

bernz said:
I think you'd be more jealous of my friend who finished on Friday.

She did:
2u English
4u Maths
3u French
3u Music
Woah. That is a very cool unit count. Damn. Is she goodness at all of them?

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
NO TEXT TYPES!!!
that was so nice - just some imaginnative writing - meaning anything we felt like

the essay question was nice too - didn't specify texts and let us choose how many related we wanted to talk about - i think we got it easy this year fellow pomo-ers

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
Woah. That is a very cool unit count. Damn. Is she goodness at all of them?
YES. ALL OF THEM. Some assessments for english she didn't get to finish properly and managed to get 19s and 20s (of 20). And she said that 4u math was easier then ext mus. I hated her so much for that, because ext mus was a bi@ch to me.

Edit: I don't actually hate her, she's a really nice person and I'd call us friends. Just that... Well, she's so good at all her stuff and it is really frustrating.

C

Crazy Pomo

Denial

bernz said:
that's your truth.
Yeah I'm with yrthere. You clearly hate her. Hah nah. But I know the feeling. If I were you I would hate her. Dame. Musician AND mathematician FUCK.

C

Crazy Pomo

Tilda Pops up everywhere.

littlebinzy said:
I thought the creative stimulus was a cool idea... I liked the genre picture, it looked cool.
Yeah very much so. The genre picture looked awesome. I so would have come first in the state for EE1 if I did genre. Not really. I swear, like someone else said, that it was our Tilda. Probably not, but she pops up in a few of my favourite films. Anyone seen her in Adaptation? Funny stuff. It was a pretty tech photo. I did like ours though, and I think that yes at least half of the students would have become that writer, so its sort of a cliche...then again, say if you didn't the narrow minded fuckhole marker might be like "you can't include that photo as a significant moment and not have him as the author," narrow bastards.

It totally suited RFTG and POMO (anything can be used for Pomo) and I saw someone say that the photo was bad for Individual in Society because it wasn't explicitly 19th Century. Get a fucking imagination!

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
Yeah I'm with yrthere. You clearly hate her. Hah nah. But I know the feeling. If I were you I would hate her. Dame. Musician AND mathematician FUCK.
I actually don't hate her, she's a pretty good friend of mine, but I guess that's because I'm me and you're not.

littlebinzy

Crazy Pomo said:
Yeah very much so. The genre picture looked awesome. I so would have come first in the state for EE1 if I did genre. Not really. I swear, like someone else said, that it was our Tilda. Probably not, but she pops up in a few of my favourite films. Anyone seen her in Adaptation? Funny stuff. It was a pretty tech photo. I did like ours though, and I think that yes at least half of the students would have become that writer, so its sort of a cliche...then again, say if you didn't the narrow minded fuckhole marker might be like "you can't include that photo as a significant moment and not have him as the author," narrow bastards.
I didn't have him as the author, he was an author within the story... the author of him had an argument with him in my text. He got pissed off because the author just stole the idea from a photo...

This is probably the only exam I have fun in!

C

Crazy Pomo

Related Text

a8o said:
Can you say 'related text'?
I know hey. I was kinda cut. I had "Adaptation" all geared and ready to be one of my ORT's but never ended up using it, which is a pity, 'cause I love it so. I also had Fight Club geared and ready and didn't use either of them. In the end I just used three separate interpretations/appropriations/parodies of The Last Supper, which was ok I spose - sorta limited myself. One was a Warhol, one was by some narcissistic New York chick, and one was by a gay israeli photographer. Does anyone read "Adbusters?" The Arty Farty issue had great pomo visual texts and a few essays aswell.

C

Crazy Pomo

a8o said:
How many did you have prepared?
I had 5 (effectively)

Film:
Adaptation - Kaufman and Jonze
Fight Club - David Fincher

Art
The Last Supper - Andy Warhol

Photography:
Yo Mummas Last Supper - Renee Cox
Untitled (The Last Supper) - Adi Nes

But I sort of saw all the Last Suppers as one text (idiot), but the morning of the exam, to be honest IN the exam I realised that each artwork was completely different and had a different artist and were in fact different texts and that in one hour all I could cover was 5 texts, (including Orlando and FLW), not seven (Including Fight Club and Adaptation). Plus the art works were easy to remember.

jaihson

HSC
I had:

Art
Venice Reconstituted

Film
Run Lola Run

Video
Technology/Transformation: Wonder Woman

Novel
A Pack of Lies

I ended up using the novel and video

C

Crazy Pomo

jaihson said:
I had:

Art
Venice Reconstituted

Film
Run Lola Run

Video
Technology/Transformation: Wonder Woman

Novel
A Pack of Lies

I ended up using the novel and video
Cool. What is 'A pack of Lies' about? and by?

a8o

HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
I had 5 (effectively)

Film:
Adaptation - Kaufman and Jonze
Fight Club - David Fincher

Art
The Last Supper - Andy Warhol

Photography:
Yo Mummas Last Supper - Renee Cox
Untitled (The Last Supper) - Adi Nes

But I sort of saw all the Last Suppers as one text (idiot), but the morning of the exam, to be honest IN the exam I realised that each artwork was completely different and had a different artist and were in fact different texts and that in one hour all I could cover was 5 texts, (including Orlando and FLW), not seven (Including Fight Club and Adaptation). Plus the art works were easy to remember.
Hmm. I had 4 texts prepared including my 2 cores (adaptation, superman comics, if on a winter's night and french lieut. woman) and wrote about them all in my essay. dont think it mattereed - i killed the essay part.

EDIT: creative writing....who knows!?!

C

Crazy Pomo

a8o said:
Hmm. I had 4 texts prepared including my 2 cores (adaptation, superman comics, if on a winter's night and french lieut. woman) and wrote about them all in my essay. dont think it mattereed - i killed the essay part.

EDIT: creative writing....who knows!?!
Yeah in retrospect I probably wrote to much about orlando and FLW and not enough on each of my texts, I more wrote about them as a whole seeing they were all subversions of a common artwork. (Of course I gave them individual weight)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)