Postgraduate Medicine (1 Viewer)

Sambam429

HSC
Hi!
I’m wanting to get into a postgrad medicine program. Is the best undergrad degree Biomed? Anyone got advice on which undergrad to do
Plus, does HECS cover both undergrad + postgrad medicine? As I thought that there was a limit to how much of a HECS debt you can have and obviously medicine would go over. Thanks in advance!

A1P

HSC
UoM (and UQ by the time you finish undergrad) have a few prereqs on your undergrad degree, if you aim for these two schools you need to have them covered. Otherwise choose a degree that can provide you a reasonable career path in case you are unable to get into med, but also helps you achieve high GPA & Gamsat score to compete for a med place.

90% of grad-entry med places are CSP, HECS is more than enough to cover both undergrad + grad degrees. With the 10% full-fee places (UoM, UNDS, MQ) HECS is not applicable but you can use FEE-HELP (~$130K) which covers almost all of UNDS fees but only half of UoM/MQ's fees.

studygirl118

HSC
I feel like you should do an undergrad degree that provides you with a reasonable career path (such as diagnostic radiography, OT whatever) in case you don’t get into medicine. If you don’t get in what’s your fall back? Not sure you can do much with biomed [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creass

HSC
Did you manage to finish graduate school? I want to continue my postgraduate studies, but for this I need to write articles and post them in medical journals. Any tips?

Ronik

HSC
I think that first you need to find these magazines and understand what articles they will be interested in. Writing a medical essay isn't easy, but I think you can do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)