Post-HSC Bucket List (1 Viewer)

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Probs just gonna rest and sleep in for a while and work at my job (KFC) when they roster me on lol. Would love to get a job in tutoring, but I'm probably gonna be moving to Melbourne in February next year, so can't really help out with VCE lol but its all g

Most importantly tho I wanna go back to the USA and visit my family before I move to Melbs, bc I haven't back in 5 years ahhhh

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Probs just gonna rest and sleep in for a while and work at my job (KFC) when they roster me on lol. Would love to get a job in tutoring, but I'm probably gonna be moving to Melbourne in February next year, so can't really help out with VCE lol but its all g

Most importantly tho I wanna go back to the USA and visit my family before I move to Melbs, bc I haven't back in 5 years ahhhh
Out of curiosity, where from the states are you from and why'd you come to Aus for high school? And why not go back to the states for college?

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Out of curiosity, where from the states are you from and why'd you come to Aus for high school? And why not go back to the states for college?
I moved to Australia from Texas when I was 6 with my family, because my parents got a better job here I guess lol. I've lived here for most of my life and went back for like visits here and there, but not at all recently.

Uni in America is just way too expensive compared to here, and I don't really like the whole uni hierarchy thing they have over there. I like living in Aus more, and I would have to do SAT for unis in the USA, but I didn't do maths for HSC so I would never be able to get a good enough score lol

blyatman

HSC
N/A
I moved to Australia from Texas when I was 6 with my family, because my parents got a better job here I guess lol. I've lived here for most of my life and went back for like visits here and there, but not at all recently.

Uni in America is just way too expensive compared to here, and I don't really like the whole uni hierarchy thing they have over there. I like living in Aus more, and I would have to do SAT for unis in the USA, but I didn't do maths for HSC so I would never be able to get a good enough score lol
Ah fair enough, yeh college is super expensive over there, and I also prefer living in Aus.

I lived in Texas for a bit a year or two ago when I was at UT Austin, and I loved it, especially the bbq and the shooting ranges (I definitely don't miss the heat though). I'll be in SF for work for a few months next year, and I'm definitely planning on visiting TX again to see friends.

Last edited:

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
You can only rly get it if your parents don't earn much or you live alone or you pay rent in your house or you're in other financial difficulty etc etc. Working may reduce the payments you get too but I feel like working is better because you get experience for your resume.

Also imo fast food > retail for resume because it's arguably more stressful, have to be more quick on your feet and quick thinking, more communication/teamwork needed in a louder environment, and more. It's all personal preference but if I was back in high school I would've worked at maccas or something because it's too hard now if you're overqualified and if you're 18+ due to them having to pay more.

Tutoring is good if you want good money I guess!
Parent's combined income has to be under $100,000. I wouldn't substitute it for work, I'm just saying it's nice to have on top of a job, if you're not making much per fortnight (< $500)

bjw22

HSC
I rate small business for work. I've worked at mine since I was 15 (had a break for year 12), and have loved it. I reckon you feel more responsibility in a small business and work with a smaller more close-knit team. Just ask businesses you go to regularly (that's what I did) to see if they have work - don't be limited to big companies.

Also tutoring on the side looks good provided I don't get a mystery mark. Music teaching would be good too.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Going to the beach at night after a hot day is always good.

PikyoK

HSC
Work, get portfolios ready for institutes, play as much as possible and just have a good time! :awesome::D

SirLaptop

HSC
Have many games I need to play but I haven't touched because of HSC. Just finished Sonic Mania Plus which I bought ages ago but didn't have the time to play.

Also I work virtually daily now and have been grinding Overwatch at night. Trying to get to diamond, currently in low plat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)