PIP help !? (1 Viewer)

newgirl365

HSC
Hi there!

I haven't posted here before and I typically wouldn't, but as so many people have received such great advice, I decided to have a go.

I've been having a difficult time landing on a topic for my PIP, and seeing as my first task for SAC is a presentation of our proposal, I need to choose a hypothesis quickly. I knew I wanted to discuss feminism to some extent, and finally decided on something along the lines of the Men's Rights movement and postfeminism, but I don't know how best to take a unique take on the topic. I scrolled for some while on the state library website, and they had some very similar topics. I obviously don't want to be repetitive and discuss a topic people have already written about, but I still think it's interesting.

I haven't begun researching extensively yet, so I do have limited knowledge about the topic, but from reading a few articles about specific members/supporters of the MRM, I did think things like the aims of the movement, and the types of people who do support the MRM were interesting. I debated focusing on whether the movement had merit or if they were simply misunderstood, but I realise that's probably a stretch.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, I'd really appreciate it!!

icycledough

HSC
There are a lot of people already on other threads who have asked other people to fill out or complete questionnaires, I'm assuming for their PIP in Society and Culture. I'm not too read up on the subject, but perhaps you would want to definitely choose a topic relevant to today's society. I did read this though on the NESA website:

What if a student wishes to complete their project on issues or activities that may be illegal, highly controversial or dangerous?

Any topics which students wish to consider that may be viewed as unethical or controversial must be discussed with their teacher. If in doubt, teachers should consult appropriate senior school staff. Students should be aware that activities that may be illegal or dangerous, such as underage drinking or sexual activity, are very difficult to research in an ethical manner, and may lead the student to conduct research which is considered inappropriate or unethical. This sort of research may have an unfavourable impact on the marking of the project.

I'm sure your initial idea of feminism should be perfectly fine, but the above is just to make you aware. Other people have explored areas like Covid-19 and its effects, what to do in university; there's really a broad availability of topics to explore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)