Piano (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey everyone who here plays piano?
I havent seen too many piano threads in here so...
Whats your repertoire like? what style do you play? how long u been playing?

Last edited:

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
sorry, you'll never beat the Trumpeters Unite thread... 2nd most popular thread. wow what an acheivement. heheh

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I've been playing for about 10years..
I did AMEB exams to grade three and then got the shits with my teacher so i didn't do anymore..

In the HSC I played two Jazz pieces, and now i play mainly christian pop for church on sunday nights
:)

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
WHOO HOOOO gooooo pianoooo!

ive been playing piano for 10 years.. i dont wanna tell u my level and what i do though lol.. i will AFTER my HSC though :D

but good on ya for doing a piano thread hehe

Lexi

HSC
N/A
*Waves* Hello fellow pianists! I'm now in the trumpet and piano threads ... Cool. Now all I need to do is learn the oboe so I can join that too!
Well, I've been playing for just over 10 years, and I play whatever I want ... :p

HSC
wow everyone has been playing for 10 years here except me...
I've been playing for 8 years and im in year 11. Im working on bach's italian concerto at the moment, as well as a Liszt piece from the years of pilgrimage.

Last edited:

jflores

HSC
ive been playin since i was bout 5. Whole range of repertoire. Currently trying to perfect Chopin Etude Op 10 no 3 and his Fantasie Impromptu Op66.

olay

HSC
yah i've been playing since i was 5 as well... though i had some evil teacher when i was 7-10, so she stunted my pianistic development. *sniffs*. :)

but anyway, my mission is to play fantasie impromptu well by the end of next yr, jflore. :D it's rather funky huh! and the etude is so pretty :)

i play pretty much anything, except i'm not so much a fan of baroque.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
Do u guys go in many piano competitions???? Wats the most recent one you've been in?

HSC
moon_styla said:
hey which year and wat piece? (Liszt)
Its "au lac de wallenstadt" from the first year. It is nice and slow and relaxing.

Last edited:

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
hehe :D i dont know that piece lol

how much does everyone practise? 30 mins? or 5 hours? lol

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
i used to learn piano when i was little, but all my teacher taught me was how to play twinke twinkle little star out of those stupid suzuki books and i got sick of it so i quit. Since then i kinda taught myself and i sometimes play just for fun! One day im going to learn how ta play the Tchaikovsky piano concerto.... one day!!

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
heyyyyy! :p i played that last year!!! hehehe very fun piece.. but not as good as Rach 3 ;)

Abraxus

HSC
Wow, I feel so junior lol

I wanna continue music in uni but I'm still not sure where to go. I put the Con as well as the UNSW course in my UAC preferences. I've been playing nearly 8 years now, I did my 8th Grade AMEB last October and stopped Musicianship after I did my Grade 5 exam back in August.

Go the piano!! I'm learning Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata at the moment, I'm a little bit into the 2nd movement.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
GO TO DA CON!!!!!!!! :p apparently, they pass u if u get more than 50 out of 100 in the auditions.. and give u a scholarship if u get over 90. the only thing is, they're stingy markers but also easy markers at the same time?? lol like, they'll pass u, but not give u over 90 unless ur a mega freak. (this is the keyboard category by the way).

last year no one got over 90. highest was 85/100. and shes one of the peeps who made it into encore a year ago :S lol

but having said that, a pass is all we'll need eh?

baack to the point.. go to da con :D

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Abraxus said:
Wow, I feel so junior lol

I wanna continue music in uni but I'm still not sure where to go. I put the Con as well as the UNSW course in my UAC preferences. I've been playing nearly 8 years now, I did my 8th Grade AMEB last October and stopped Musicianship after I did my Grade 5 exam back in August.

Go the piano!! I'm learning Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata at the moment, I'm a little bit into the 2nd movement.
holy crap, i've been playing for 13 years and i've only done 7th grade AMEB, and that's only the piano for leisure program!
lol, couldn't handle the REAL piano AMEB exam.

i'm so jealous of the trumpet thread and the oboe thread, and now the piano thread!
i'd start a bass one, but we're a dying breed, i doubt people will join :D

HSC
heyyyyy! i played that last year!!! hehehe very fun piece.. but not as good as Rach 3
Wow thats so cool. And you've only been playing for 10 years o_O How much do you practice!?

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
i practise as much as i need to :D but at the moment, i have RSI so im not practising.. just seeing physio and hand doctor.. did u guys listen or go to the sydney international piano comp??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)