physics-what happened to it (1 Viewer)

sunken eyes

HSC
physics used to be like 4u maths, like a bloody prestigous subject. i liked that cos i was pretty good at it.
then the BOS ruins it by giving out some piss weak "general" physics paper. i thought that was a ridiculously easy paper. im not sayin i aced it cos i didn't study, but it was still an easy paper.
does anyone else agree? i did physics hoping for a challenging subject, and then i get a "science in life" excuse for a paper.
after that bloody imposible 2u and 3u papers, i was expecting more, not a feel good exam for morons.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
well i just heard from my teacher, its because english literacy rates have been dropping so thats why they introduced english into these subjects. but i reckon they just did it to make it more accessible for girls. :eek:

CloudStrife

HSC
i chose physics coz i thought it'd be like maths.....but then realised there were all these describing questions in it...lol

but i agree that the physics exam didn't turn out as hard as i thought it'd be...

Rahul

Dead Member
yes, have a look at the old physics, its got circular motion, tension forces, etc....a la 4u.
its too content based, and less skill...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by CloudStrife
i chose physics coz i thought it'd be like maths.....but then realised there were all these describing questions in it...lol

but i agree that the physics exam didn't turn out as hard as i thought it'd be...

yeah, like i said in the other thread, that english ext. 2 and physics is a better combination than ext.2 maths & phys.

:D

Skunkylicious

Originally posted by freaking_out
well i just heard from my teacher, its because english literacy rates have been dropping so thats why they introduced english into these subjects. but i reckon they just did it to make it more accessible for girls. :eek:
tsk tsk! men!

Affinity

HSC
It's all about presentation, whoever's controlling what our minds are being fed at school wants to appear to be transforming everyone into all rounders.

If they want to lift the literacy rate, they should be introducing a compulsory unit of language usuage (grammar, expression, comprehension, precis, etc) instead of bloody language techniques, how meaning is constructed and how context influences the text.

What purpose is there to teach us all these advanced topics - language techniques, superconductivity and similar things when most don't get the basic physics straight and when they are worried about literacy rates dropping?

They did something wrong to be in a situation now where there's a shortage of science and mathematics teachers. I dare predict in four and five years the situation will worsen

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)