Performance Length/Total Time (1 Viewer)

ja`-/se

HSC
Performance Time

Does anyone know for sure what the time restrictions are on the performance pieces? ie. the time limit for:
1.) Core Perf
2.)Additional Perf (x2)
3.) and Extension Perf (x3)

Last edited by a moderator:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Please do not use such big font.

Music 2 Core Performance Time: 5 minutes
Music 2 Performance Elective: Total Time of 10 minutes

Music Extension is not 5 minutes each. 2 solo pieces (30 marks) and 1 Ensemble piece (20 marks) and the total time is 20 minutes.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
yep, ext is 20 mins all up, but you wana stick to 5 mins for each piece, addin up to a total of 15 - because if your program is too long the markers will get bored. Also, its harder for you to play longer and keep your concentration. Dont go over time - youl get penalised.

HSC
Is it ok for music 2 performance elective, for which there is a time limit of 10 minutes for two pieces, to do a piece that is longer than five minute and another that is shorter (eg. 8 minutes and 2 minutes)?
I seem to remember hearing from somewhere that they are meant to be two pieces each <5 minutes in length...
Thanks.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Good luck if you're playing a wind/brass instrument.

In our trials, my friend had to play (on saxomaphone) all six of her pieces (she did muisc2 & ext) for her music trials 1 and a half hours before her english trials. She ended up with a huge migrane and felt like she wasn't getting enough air

But for her actual HSC, she's done it heaps of times so she did great!

soulshine

HSC
performance length

so the max for music 2 core is.... 5 minutes?? is there a minimum? i am concerned my piece might be too short, as i'm just doing the 1st movement probs... hmmm.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
its ok if its too short... as long as it isn't like 10 seconds or 30 seconds.

soulshine

HSC
my piece is about 1:50. maybe i should learn another movement...

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
ohhhh 40 mins full on hardcore brain busting lung draining sax playing.
im gonna need to do lots of endurance practices for that sheesh :p
6 pieces. gonna be fun lol

kibb

HSC
lol u poor bastard! good luck wid that mate! i got it easy only 5 mins per peice and i only have 3 of em so thats easy shit for me but playin 4 40 mins straight thats strecthin it a bit!

that sounds like a really long performance.... are u sure its the right amount of time?

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
according to bunny04 it is, (2nd or 3rd post in this thread).

core piece + 2 additional topic pieces + 3 extension pieces all 5 mins each that totals to 30 mins actually.. maybe the extension ones are a bit longer.. we'll see how it goes

my music teacher said that i can organise my pieces in any order i like, so ill have hard/easy/hard/easy/hard/easy type thing going on, hehe :)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Alls I know is the limit for the core perf is 5 minutes, and the limit for all 3 extension pieces is 20 minutes.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
OK, I do Music 1 (Thank you very much Public School system) and I'm doing a couple of performances for the HSC. With these performances, how strict are the markers on the 5 minute time limit? Say I want to play a piece that is 5:30 to 6min in length, would I get marked down? And how far over would I be albe to go over 5min before i get marked down?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I'm pretty sure the lee-way limit is half a minute either way for a 5 minute time limit, anything under 4:30 or over 5:30 will be penalised.

But it may have changed, I can't imagine much though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)