People who dropped from 2 unit at the end of year 11 and did the general exam :D (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
If this is you please post here :D

How you people go in the exam :D

Concidering I didnt even do any general maths in year 11 I only looked over excel year 11 prelim..

I thought todays exam was alright yet their were some hard questions and some trickey ones that my sister who did 3 unit told me a few days ago and still the "smart" general kids have totally wrong lol yet they think their getting their marks already lol:D

Who thinks they have benifited from dropping? Because If i did the 2 unit test today I would have got killed for sure like 35% :( my mates all got done....

Do you think your better off doing gen like me? Hopefully I get good results!

Digital_Spork

HSC
One of my mates who dropped from 2unit reckons he got 99% in the general exam. So I guess it went well :p

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i dropped from 2-unit where i was getting between 16-30% for each test. then went to general and started getting between 70 and 90%.. good times.

i thought the exam was ok, nerves got to me a little bit, made a few silly mistakes but hopefully i went ok :)

Gummy_bear

HSC
I went from last in the year for advanced to top of my class, about 16th out of 68 in general. i reckon thats something the smile about :D

My advanced teacher thought we didnt need any extra help, we should get everything straight on.
General teacher answers all questions and even has study parties b4 exams, he supplies the pizza! (not that i like pizza, but its the thought.)

I did advanced in year 11, till about half yearlies. I was very lucky.

ellysa

arrghh... 2 unit killed me.... i stayed as long as i could... but in the end, failing maths just wasnt my thing.
then i got caught in the whole 'drop to general & not work hard enuff' cycle, that everyone warned me about.
i got 98% in my first assessment & thought, yep i got this all figured out... did close to no work in maths for the majority of yr 12, i heard all the gossip tho, that's always a bonus!
since graduation i breezed thru all the chapter reviews & the excel book... then... 12:30pm today, i attempted the trial papers in the excel book... I COULD NOT REMEMBER HOW TO DO A THING (except algebra)! i had the biggest psycho tantrum, cried & cried & threw stuff & cried & rang my mum at work & cried! then i went to the exam - FORGOT MY GOD DAMN CALCULATOR!
but was pleasantly suprised to find that all the stuff i couldnt do... was missing from the exam! YaY YaY! bye bye maths forever! (until my next fone bill)

Brookie7

HSC
yeah i dropped down to general. i was getting like 35% in 2unit. and i ended up coming 3rd in general out of like 60 odd people. even so, is it better off doing general over 2unit????

Brookie7

HSC
yeah i dropped down to general. i was getting like 35% in 2unit. and i ended up coming 3rd in general out of like 60 odd people. even so, is it better off doing general over 2unit????

billsta05

HSC
I dropped to general in beginning of year 12 where i was getting 25% for exams...
I found it reasonable. most of it was easy, some bits were hard.

I think I got about 92% for the exam, marking it myself with the answers in the other post.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I was the only student allowed to drop from advanced maths to general maths - I actually wrote a 2 page letter to my maths head teacher explaining why I had to drop, and promising wonderful results. He eventually gave in.

I never actually did any of the prelim work (ie: never got any books to catch up or anything like that) .. I actually ended up rarely attending class for the last 2 months of the year, never studied more than 2 days before an exam.. heh. Not that I would recommend doing this - I could've done much better overall if I actually put more effort in.

I ended up coming first in the grade (after an average of around 55% in advanced), and according to PC's answers in his thread, I got 90-95% in the HSC exam.

:)

Was most definately a good move. I guess general maths just clicked with me, whereas I couldn't get my head around alot of advanced maths.

Last edited:

Brookie7

HSC
Jayphen said:
Was most definately a good move. I guess general maths just clicked with me, whereas I couldn't get my head around alot of advanced maths.
i totally agree. 2unit didnt make sense

7th Sign

HSC
some 2 unit was alright yet some other shit in it was like WTF?

I got like 33% and just dropped lol

people were getting like 15% and they still stayed in it!!!

I wonder how they went in the exam today!!!!

danster

HSC
I dropped to 2 unit sometime late this year and am ranked #3 (other 2 unit guys dropped). I found the test, dead easy. So did even the shall we say 'not so smart' general guys.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i was first in year 11...until all the 2u students decided they were going crap in 2u so dropped down to kick ass in general...now im 10th! i got them back, i was 3rd in the trials:D. the person whos first in general in my school dropped from extension 1 at the start of yr 11 to 2u, then from 2u to general at the start of yr 12.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
lets see this is my scenario. I finished year 11 2unit with a 46% course mark. So i decided to drop down to general. In hsc general I ended with a course mark of 66% which is rank 45/106. The whole year I got absolutely slaughted in all my assessment tasks. I simply did study for them but I dont know, I just stuffed up. and then in relation to PC's answers i got 93% raw mark in today's exam. it amazes me.... I just hope i can at least get a HSC mark of 85%.

purple_monkey

HSC
i hate maths

i dropped to general at the start of this year, after just passing the end of year exams. When i got into general i thought it was really easy, so i slacked off heaps, didn't do any study. Then i pulled my head in now i'm top of the class. I thought this exam was easy, i loved it, i'd do it again. Made me very happy when i saw the questions! No more maths ever!!!!!!!!! YAY

the_thomasu

HSC
was going average in 2unit.. but then invisioned my subjects falling by the wayside by myself becoming snowed under in yr12 with something I found a good challenge, but one harder than what is comfortable for me. So went from about 5th / 8 in 2u, to 2nd / 40 in general,says something about a trend in my school to what people picked... :-/ ... oh and 4 of those 8 dropped to general... so yr12 had 4 2unit students, plus about 8 or something extension but their class was seperate I believe.

I was happy with the exam, the best I could do under stress.. maths exams dont test mathematical knowledge, only performance under stress. In the REAL world you'd go back and correct yourself ;)

"No more Maths YAY!!!" .... for me... just for now... business at UNI next year... drag, the accounting and economics will probably be way harder than general :(

Picle

HSC
I was struggling in maths all through high school was doing 2U maths getting 22% in the exams tops and course work was like 35% so i dropped and ended up top of gmaths with course work 93%, trials 92% and this exam hopefully did really well but just have to wait till the exam comes back....

caligem

Uni Dropout
HSC
yeah, well i didnt do 2 unit but had a similar situation... Iwas in the top advanced maths class yr9 and 10, but by about a term into yr 10 i was getting like 20% or less. I got 5 out of 65 for one exam!!! In the end i had to get a tutor (our schools maths ext. teacher) to make sure i scraped through yr10. and then every1 (teacher, head of maths, tutor, etc) still expected me 2 do 2unit maths for HSC, argh!!! Deciding to disappoint every1 and do general maths was the best decision i made in my hsc, i topped it and i reckon i got 90%+ in that exam. I just dont think i couldve taken all the headaches of 2unit... ur all very brave to even have attempted it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)