PDHPE 2019 (1 Viewer)

sniggledot1

HSC
It really depends on the band 6 cutoff, and how you went with the remainder.
actually, considering previous b6 cutoffs, it should be relatovely acheiveable considering i found the rest of the paper quite easy

sniggledot1

HSC
For sure as long as u smash the other sections, I reckon I got anywhere from 16-18
yeah i reckon b6 cutoff will be around 83-4 so that still leaves us with around 12 marks to potentially lose in SA and LR. Plus I believe that the multiple choice questions would have thrown a fair few people out, they were probably the toughest part of the exam IMO

Sn_akr08

HSC
yeah i reckon b6 cutoff will be around 83-4 so that still leaves us with around 12 marks to potentially lose in SA and LR. Plus I believe that the multiple choice questions would have thrown a fair few people out, they were probably the toughest part of the exam IMO
I reckon hardest mc compared to other years personally

Expulso

HSC
Hmm I found the Multiple Choice relatively hard in comparison to other years. I did do it second last in my exam though. (I did sports med, then short answers, then MC, then improving performance) After the exam I looked up what the 2nd highest morality for cancer for women was and it took me 4 links to find it, so incredibly specific, which in my opinion is bad as it rewards lucky students more than students who work really hard and know the content.
Also, for the one about the goal, how is it not Knowledge of results as they know that they made the kick? (ok I looked at this question and realised that they don't know they made it, so I got it wrong but the wording was iffy)
Similar to Question 16, isnt Fartlek based off changing intensities? If there are only 2 sets of intensities, one focused on recovery, and one focused on effort, isn't that aerobic interval?
Overall I found the rest of the paper pretty enjoyable. Short answers were the most fun. In total I had to get 8 extra booklets (5 for short answers and 3 for options), but I kind of messed up because I thought they were just like extra paper like the extra space they gave instead of having to write the question number, and since I didn't do it chronologically it seems really messy (one booklet had 3 different questions in it and 1 question was in 3 different booklets), but I think it should be okay, and I shouldn't be punished for writing more.
For the options I was really surprised they asked a question on TOTAPS and I was really hoping for something about rehabilitation. In my opinion 4 marks was too little for explaining the whole TOTAPS regime and I probably wasted too much time on that. And besides someone who heard a crack probably couldn't get to the active movement stage. I thought the question about climatic considerations was really great and I think I covered it really well, and this is probably a question where people lost marks.
For Improving Performance it was pretty good too but I might lose a mark for the first 4 marker. I didn't realise that it was asking about a specific athlete until I read part b), but it was too late to change it and instead I used 6 different athletes from American Football for each of the strength and flexibility types (if anything doesn't that demonstrate wider knowledge?). I got lucky that part b) was an 8 marker in my trial but that also meant I overwrote for that. I finished writing everything but my legibility probably suffered which I hope doesn't affect my mark.
I was finishing past papers with like half an hour to go, and my teacher gave us highlighters as a little gesture before the exam (I already had my own) because he always wants us to highlight the key terms, but I was maybe writing for 2 hours and 50 minutes of those 3 hours. Got a little panicked when the kid in front of me was already highlighting when I hadn't finished short answers, but after the exam the two kids who were just ahead of me (1 and 2 marks respectively and I was 3rd) in my class also didn't get to highlight, which was a relief.

Overall though, a pretty good test, a few curveball questions, but I felt like I did really well. Not perfect, but I'm pretty sure it's a band 6. I've always had my eye on potentially state ranking. Does anyone know what the mark for a state rank is?

Last edited:

Sn_akr08

HSC
Hmm I found the Multiple Choice relatively hard in comparison to other years. I did do it second last in my exam though. (I did sports med, then short answers, then MC, then improving performance) After the exam I looked up what the 2nd highest morality for cancer for women was and it took me 4 links to find it, so incredibly specific, which in my opinion is bad as it rewards lucky students more than students who work really hard and know the content.
Also, for the one about the goal, how is it not Knowledge of results as they know that they made the kick? (ok I looked at this question and realised that they don't know they made it, so I got it wrong but the wording was iffy)
Similar to Question 16, isnt Fartlek based off changing intensities? If there are only 2 sets of intensities, one focused on recovery, and one focused on effort, isn't that aerobic interval?
Overall I found the rest of the paper pretty enjoyable. Short answers were the most fun. In total I had to get 8 extra booklets (5 for short answers and 3 for options), but I kind of messed up because I thought they were just like extra paper like the extra space they gave instead of having to write the question number, and since I didn't do it chronologically it seems really messy (one booklet had 3 different questions in it and 1 question was in 3 different booklets), but I think it should be okay, and I shouldn't be punished for writing more.
For the options I was really surprised they asked a question on TOTAPS and I was really hoping for something about rehabilitation. In my opinion 4 marks was too little for explaining the whole TOTAPS regime and I probably wasted too much time on that. And besides someone who heard a crack probably couldn't get to the active movement stage. I thought the question about climatic considerations was really great and I think I covered it really well, and this is probably a question where people lost marks.
For Improving Performance it was pretty good too but I might lose a mark for the first 4 marker. I didn't realise that it was asking about a specific athlete until I read part b), but it was too late to change it and instead I used 6 different athletes from American Football for each of the strength and flexibility types (if anything doesn't that demonstrate wider knowledge?). I got lucky that part b) was an 8 marker in my trial but that also meant I overwrote for that. I finished writing everything but my legibility probably suffered which I hope doesn't affect my mark.
I was finishing past papers with like half an hour to go, and my teacher gave us highlighters as a little gesture before the exam (I already had my own) because he always wants us to highlight the key terms, but I was maybe writing for 2 hours and 50 minutes of those 3 hours. Got a little panicked when the kid in front of me was already highlighting when I hadn't finished short answers, but after the exam the two kids who were just ahead of me (1 and 2 marks respectively and I was 3rd) in my class also didn't get to highlight, which was a relief.

Overall though, a pretty good test, a few curveball questions, but I felt like I did really well. Not perfect, but I'm sure pretty it's a band 6. I've always had my eye on potentially state ranking. Does anyone know what the mark for a state rank is?
What’s your estimated raw mark because I don’t know how lenient hsc markers are

Expulso

HSC
What’s your estimated raw mark because I don’t know how lenient hsc markers are

I dont exactly remember MC but I might have gotten between 16-19 for that according to what I can remember.
Short answers I'm quite confident that I won't get below full marks.
Options I might lose a maximum of 3 or 4 marks if the markers are pretty harsh on Improving Performance.

So lowest possible raw mark in my opinion would be a 92? Realistically, a 94 or 95? The ceiling is 99 raw because I know I got that KR question wrong.
Then again I could be completely wrong, I walked out of my Trial thinking I'd get a 97 raw and instead got a 90 raw (-2 for handwriting as well LOL teacher said he could only read the syllabus dotpoints for my final question and couldn't read anything else so he deducted 2 marks), even though I felt quite confident about short answers and MC in that test. Who knows, maybe I'm just a bit overconfident because of how much I prepped and wrote.

I also got a 93 overall as my internal mark and if my teacher was a bit fairer, I probably could've gotten a 95 internally (e.g. for a question in Task 2 about nutritional supplementation, I lost a mark for saying that a balanced diet is an optimal recommendation in the second sentence instead of the first (!), and I didn't get to scab, but it doesn't matter now, it's all sent.

Ollie01

HSC
does anyone know when NESA solutions might come out? Thanks

candycrush

HSC
ANSWERS FOR MULTIPLE CHOICE
- someone online said these were the correct answers, what do you all reckon
1) A
2) A
3) C
4) A
5) D
6) C
7) A
8) B
9) B
10) C - possibly B - odd question
11) D
12) C
13) B
14) B
15) A
16) B
17) C
18) D
19) B
20) C
I agree with everyone in saying 15) is D but isn’t 17) D because the lactic acid system needs at least 30 minutes minimum for the rate of recovery?

Last edited:

ptrad1

HSC
I agree with everyone in saying 15) is D but isn’t 17) C because the lactic acid system needs at least 30 minutes minimum for the rate of recovery?
Sorry for the late reply, but yea Question 17 was a real confusing question. In the exam I originally had D as the answer, and switched it to C because neither of the answers were 100% correct. I put C on the basis that its an anaerobic system, thus fast recovery. But i'm pretty sure D is correct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)