pdh? more like pd.gayh! (1 Viewer)

mia10

didnt anyone find that a little hard at all? i thought the multiple choice was easy, but as for the rest... well, im screwed! like, combining the principles of social justice into each part of the ottawa charter whilst relating it to CVD! how can you talk about all that in just two pages?! wouldnt you need more?... overall, im annoyed 'cause i think i did bad... just wondering if anyone else felt the same?

Last edited:

Jess2.10

the ottawa charter question

i thought the exam was hard, i did lots of past paper but that was the worst. i totally stuffed up the question about the ottawa charter and social justice principles. i think i interpreted it wrong. did anyone not write about the principle of the ottawa charter and how they can be used to improve health and examples of health initiatives associated with them but did not relate it back to the social justice principles? cause that what i did and its wrong! :vcross:

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
i wouldnt be too worried if i was you, it was out of 15 marks so at most you'll miss maybe 5-6. I have to admit the questions were somewhat abstract, i dont think there was a difference in studying 200 hours and studying 20 hours...

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
i think thats what i did jess, but you have "NOT" before "write about"

i wrote about the ottawa charter and its principles and linked them to CVD initiatives, but with very little reference to social justice principles!

so avg mark there for me.. like the whole test i am becomming doubtful of! GRR

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Well there was a difference between studying 200 hours and studying 30 minutes i found out. I hated that test.

ThePix

im really scared now because ive never gotten any higher than 75's in my pe exams, assignments or anything n i thought that was the best test id ever done :(

i do see what your saying about the study factor bcoz they seemed to ommitt alot of things. Like energy systems i struggled to find any part of the exam that dealt directly with them. I mean i slipped sumfin in on them in one of the extended questions at the end just to show i knew em lol

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Like I said in the last thread, I topped our CSSA trials, and my only feeling toward this exam is that they screwed us over, compared to the other years.

Board can go fuck themselves. And i hope it hurts.

Not saying that I bombed it, or really messed up, but just the entire exam pissed me off. It was very uninspired.

Last edited:

stardom

yeh i did the same thing about not relating it back to the social justice principles.....im so annoyed. yeh and im just annoyed in general because i topped the yearly and trial and i studied hard and wanted to do well but that test has just left me with a bad feeling, u guys know what im talking about right? there was so much stuff i knew heaps well that wasnt in it! tis such a shame........oh well hopefully ill still come out with an alright mark, even if a lot of the study was a waste of time.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Nightminds (and others) do you kinda get the feeling, that despite the extensive hard work and knowledge you have on this subject...the test didnt do you any justice?

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
simon_hitchcock said:
can somojne plz tell me exactly what the social justice principal was i thought it was just fair go for everyone
Funnily enough i called up the advice line 2 weeks prior to ask about this topic, just my luck.

Basically the sj principles are aimed at four things: equity, access, rights and participation - aspects that are aimed at making the health system equal for everyone in Australia, referring to those who are SES disadv, rural people and so on so forth.

lilems13

I'm just pissed off because it was too easy if anyone understands what I mean?
Like, none of teh questions really gave you the option to go further in depth, and the prove you had 'band six' knowledge...

Im dissapointed...

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
lilems13 said:
I'm just pissed off because it was too easy if anyone understands what I mean?
Like, none of teh questions really gave you the option to go further in depth, and the prove you had 'band six' knowledge...

Im dissapointed...
Questions worth 15, essentially were things you can answer for like 4 or 5 mark questions, as opposed to other times, when they gave you decent 15 mark questions that you can show the depth of knowledge?

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
I didn't think it was a very fair exam.
Nonetheless, I deserve the mark i'm getting.

stardom

Silverstone said:
Nightminds (and others) do you kinda get the feeling, that despite the extensive hard work and knowledge you have on this subject...the test didnt do you any justice?
yep....really got that feeling a lot. but in saying that im not trying to make other ppl feel that they shouldnt get what they deserve or anything......its just weird cause i know that there is no way that they can test u on everything but i just felt that this exam tested barely anything at all.

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
i stuffed up the 2nd question of core 2! Like i wrote about absolutely nothing to do with characteristics of a skilled performer! my mind just went blank and i coodnt help it. There goes 12 marks. Though, there was a few dramas rite b4 the exam that unsettled me... but the markers arent gonna know that! GRRR! and pe was my fave subject!

loucee

not impressed!

yeah i didnt like the exam at all. i felt that the stuff that i studied extensively was more in the bloody multiple choice questions than the extended resposes.
i dont think the exam gave us the chance to show what we really could do. i just thought it was much worse than anny of the past exams or practice exams which i had seen.

Kimmi_R

i know what you guy mean, i was prepared for so much more than that, the questios were stupid. there was nothing on policies or anything that i was expecting. ahhhhh that was so crap

holl

In every test they can't test everything but you are expected to know EVERYTHING becuase they can test ANYTHING. So if you feel that you couldnt show everything that you knew well it's proably a good sign that you were well prepared because of course you couldnt show everthing that you knew otherwise the exam would be like 6 hours long. You can only asnwer the question asked but its important that you knew all of the syllabus so you were prepaired for any question. So it would be natural to feel like you couldnt prove your full knowlegde but by having that full knowlege you would have been able to get full marks for the questions they did ask.

stardom

yeh i know what you mean but i just feel this especially with this one test. maybe its cause they only had two questions for each topic when usually they have a few more. oh well........whats done is done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)