Paper 2 Distaster Stories... (1 Viewer)

emma max

Ancient Member
HSC
Has anyone else found that they wrote 10 pages without making a valid point that was in the least bit relevant to the actual question? I have :(

Fuck powerplay: Antony and Cleopatra can go die...again...

Grandor

Aspiring Army Officer
HSC
So I did

a (br/bnw): 3.5 pages
b (lear): 2.5 pages
c (robertson): 3.5 pages.
I wrote about 11 words per line.

I have a question, do you guys double space your writing or what? How do some people write 8-12 pages???

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Terumoto said:
Yeah, what was the deal with that question? If I agreed with it it would have gone against my logic, and I would have felt like I was arguing something illogical.

How did Lear even have enduring power? He didn't endure shit, he had a huge cry, went insane, and found solace in his only daughter that didnt betray him. How is going mad and then wandering around a feat of endurance? I would consider that a failure to endure.
Bahaha I didn't study King Lear, but I def would've given you top marks if I was marking your essay and you wrote that. :)

Terumoto

HSC
Quettawen:

Module 1: 4 pages
Module 2: 2 pages
Module 3: 3 pages

I win... Or is it lose? -_-

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Section I - 3.5
Section II - 3
Section III - 3.5

i'm gonna get band 3-4... waahh...

-P_D

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Ioup said:
I think the biggest problem for some people was understanding the question. Little words like enduring seemed to throw people off when the meaning behind it was simple.
Poo. I just realised I wrote about "endearing" characters.

Ah well. Endearing sounds better.

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
Quettawen said:
Hmm. well, beat this:
Module 1: 4 and a quarter pages
Module 2: 2 pages
Module 3: 4 and a half pages

Mind you, i was having a lot of trouble formulating simple thoughts. I had trouble remembering the name of a related text and at the end of the exam couldnt remember the name of the girl in front of me. Someone i know quite well i might add. I had to look at her number sheet thing before i remembered her name.
In other words, i got in there and my wits left me. My brain fizzled
LOL!!! man your a classic... did you by anychance consume alcohol, or drugs before the exam?!! lol im sorry to say that your a total noob
ROFL
hey anyway goodluck man.. ;p

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
SL33pY said:
LOL!!! man your a classic... did you by anychance consume alcohol, or drugs before the exam?!! lol im sorry to say that your a total noob
ROFL
hey anyway goodluck man.. ;p
Don't be an asshole. This is a thread for people who just want to laugh away the issues they had today, not for others to come in and ridicule them.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Module A: 10 pages
Module B: 6 pages
Module C: 3 pages (of huge ass writing)
That's a band 3 I reckon. Pisses me off too. I studied for 6 hours Saturday, and 10 hours yesterday. All that effort for nothing.

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
dagwoman said:
Don't be an asshole. This is a thread for people who just want to laugh away the issues they had today, not for others to come in and ridicule them.
firstly.... i am in no way trying to be an "asshole", i totally empathise with most of the people up here.... but seriously LOL how can u not laugh at that...
secondly i wished the guy luck
and lastly... the guy forgot his friends name infront of him,, regardless of how he went in the paper, isnt that in itself funny?!
im sorry if you took it the wrong way,, but the guys story was kinda funny u have to admit...

C@mM!

HSC
To everyone freaking out about how much they wrote, dont. Classic example is one girl in my extension 1 class, she always writes like 20 pages, but gets the lowest mark cuz she waffles shit.

The best thing my teacher ever told me was to condense your responses - after all, these poor examiners down in Sydney have to mark 76,000 of these or so. About 5 pages will suffice if you are concise in your answers and provide point to point fact instead of trying to wage a philosophical discussion.

Tim035

HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
That's a band 3 I reckon. Pisses me off too. I studied for 6 hours Saturday, and 10 hours yesterday. All that effort for nothing.
Im guessing in module C you ran out of time to even mention your related texts?
because other then that you could still pull a band 4 providing what you talked about in Module A and B was half decent.
10 hours of English in one day! woah thats insane. I'm so much more of a consistancy style person, consistantly wrote essays and notes for months leading up to the HSC and then this last weekend just cruzed, wrote 3 essays each day and read over my notes 6 or 7 times. No more then 4 - 5 hours study I'd say. But now with my science and maths subjects comming up I know I can study relentlessly for those and will do so, but english was just near impossible to study for any lengh of time such as that!

yourowndisaster

HSC
i misread the King Lear question
thinking that it was characterisation in general

great.
idiot.

ohh well its over,
no use crying over spilt milk...

xx

chrismerjane

HSC
disaster: my paper 2

i wrote 8 pages for section I, went to section III and wrote 6 pages, then realized i had 20 minutes left and wrote a dismal 3 pages on section II.

just a q, wat would the max marks be without a single ORT in section III?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Cloudstreet, without a doubt. Most of my essay was not even really focused on Quick that much. Then I could only think of one pertinent episode to do with him so i picked another at random and tried to pretend he was important in it (he's not). Then with the whole "YOUR PERSONAL understanding"... well I don't like writing essays in first person. My English teacher has always gone beserk at me for doing so. So I deliberately ignored that bit. All up, about 2 pages of the essay actually dealt with the question, the rest was obviously shit I concocted on the spot to unsuccessfully cover the fact that I was completely thrown by the question.

C@mM!

HSC
chrismerjane said:
disaster: my paper 2

just a q, wat would the max marks be without a single ORT in section III?
hmm, the ORT's contain half of the question, probably a 13 outta 20 at max.

schmoph

HSC
according to all these quotes regarding Lear, i think a failed that question miserably! i mentioned two scenes, talked bout my understading of the play in regards to femanism and how lear is seen to get the sympathy but the daughters are strong etc, i dont even rememebr really, ahh fuck me, oh well it hink i did ok in the other two

schmoph

HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:

A) 7
B) 5
c) 8

if urs is band 3, im fucked!

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
schmoph said:
A) 7
B) 5
c) 8

if urs is band 3, im fucked!
Think about it. 3 pages is *apparently* not enough to scrape a 13 out of 20 (as she didn't address related texts) however you wrote at least 5 for each. As long as you addressed the question it should be OK. Ninny's problem is that she doesn't seem to have written much for the last question, but if your essays were solid then it can't be too bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)