Paper 2 Distaster Stories... (1 Viewer)

Terumoto

HSC
Well, that sucked. Immensley.

I wrote two pages for King Lear, and all it was was me going against the question then talking about one scene instead of two because I ran out of time.

Comparative Study of Texts was my decent one, but still pretty crap.

Frontline, I ran out of time and had to write about my related texts in what vaguely looks like point form, but would probably look to the marker more like a small animal shat on my paper.

Paper 2 > Me.

So I need to ask... Is it possible for me to still get a UAI above 80, if ive been going above average in every other subject, but my english has been about average all year then I screwed this paper up?

Ioup

HSC
I wouldn't worry about it too much.
From the looks of other posts here it seems other candidates went pretty "not amazing". So everyone could hopefully get scaled up.
Anyways. you have more tests ahead so worry bout them instead of your UAI.
Otherwise the domino effect could occur.

Anthonygeorgiou

HSC
Yeah suffered a disaster mysellf. I did King Lear n Truth, but left the easiest one-BNW last. Only 2 pages done............ahhhhhhhhhhh

bully1988

HSC
Horror stories make me feel better lol, i finished bnw/br & lear but only got 3 written pages on Frontline plus the rest of my argument that i put down in point form when i realised i had 10 minutes left lol ahhh well worst things have happened & as long as we have good assessment marks everything should be sweet!

karoooh

HSC
What do you think would happen if you wrote more than two specific scenes, when they strictly asked for just TWO?! They'd mark you down, ALOT wouldn't they?

:(:( It's over!

</3

joshay

HSC
Terumoto said:
Well, that sucked. Immensley.

I wrote two pages for King Lear, and all it was was me going against the question then talking about one scene instead of two because I ran out of time.

Comparative Study of Texts was my decent one, but still pretty crap.

Frontline, I ran out of time and had to write about my related texts in what vaguely looks like point form, but would probably look to the marker more like a small animal shat on my paper.

Paper 2 > Me.

So I need to ask... Is it possible for me to still get a UAI above 80, if ive been going above average in every other subject, but my english has been about average all year then I screwed this paper up?
Yeh if your going well in everything else it should be fine.. if the rest of your cohort is strong enough. BTW check out the SAM calc, its suprisingly good. A friend typed in his real HSC marks from two years ago + it was only off by .5! G'luck 4 everything else

joshay

HSC
karoooh said:
What do you think would happen if you wrote more than two specific scenes, when they strictly asked for just TWO?! They'd mark you down, ALOT wouldn't they?

</3
From what my teacher told me in the past, they don't mark u down, they simply ignore it - so hopefully ur first two were good!

*Lozzie*

HSC
alright you ready for mine??

only 3 pages on harwood due to the fact it took me a while to work out the question and i ran out of time

only 4 pages on frontline cause it was a stupid question and i wasnt as well prepared as i thought i was

so hooping for a uai of abouve 70 hopelly my other subjects will go better

WOOHOO NO MORE ENGLISH!!!!!

Sir Loin

HSC
7 + 4 + 7 respectively.
I was seriously considering doing something stupid, like run out of the exam room + never come back after I read that Harwood question...

barrel_roll

Harmonic Dissonance
HSC
arrgh...i hated the king lear question! i only wrote 6 pages for section 1 and 7 each for section 2 and 3...
i think i left out heaps because i sat there with 6 minutes to go with nothing to do >_<

Bricktop

HSC
barrel_roll said:
arrgh...i hated the king lear question! i only wrote 6 pages for section 1 and 7 each for section 2 and 3...
i think i left out heaps because i sat there with 6 minutes to go with nothing to do >_<
Great disaster story Hansel.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
karoooh said:

</3
Haha I did the same. According to ME, I did two in great detail and lots of other little examples... buuuutt some of the other examples had substantial detail... so hopefully they won't count... :S or maybe I should be hoping they do for bonus marks cause the rest wasn't flash-hot either... :(

dfm

HSC
in a moment which can only be described as sheer brilliance, i wrote about 3 speeches rather than 2 - as a result i didnt finsih powerplay. fantastic.

Terumoto

HSC
barrel_roll said:
Yeah, what was the deal with that question? If I agreed with it it would have gone against my logic, and I would have felt like I was arguing something illogical.

How did Lear even have enduring power? He didn't endure shit, he had a huge cry, went insane, and found solace in his only daughter that didnt betray him. How is going mad and then wandering around a feat of endurance? I would consider that a failure to endure.

daiseydai

HSC
i had 14 pages for king lear.

(dot).

which fellows, i might add is a bad thing.

a critical rule in essay writing, 'never write more than you have to'; i'm the classic example of faildom. the fact that i wrote so much meant that i either had no idea what i was saying or, i touched on so many aspects that the whole thing itself was non-cohesive and redundant. i think it was the latter, infact i don't even remember anything i wrote. what a sham!

all_of_myself

HSC
bananasmoothy said:
Well, that's why they have ranks and stuff. So if you stuff up the major exam, you can still grab everyone else's marks :)

BTW <3 the maths equation ;)
The ranking system is absolutely ridiculous. my ranks weren't the best, so the whole time i'm studying, i'm just thinking, "This is a waste of time when i'm going to get low marks anyway".
And the UAI...don't even get me started.
(The maths equation is le awesome)

T

Testpilot

all_of_myself said:
The maths equation is le awesome
This is the second mention of the maths equation... so what is it (i assume its for working out the UAI but what is the actual equation and correct me if I'm wrong).

Ioup

HSC
I think the biggest problem for some people was understanding the question. Little words like enduring seemed to throw people off when the meaning behind it was simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)