Out of curiousity..[gap years] (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just out of curiosity, is anyone taking a gap year after year 12 or do you know anyone taking a gap year? Do you think people should take gap years or is it better to stick with school and get it all over and done with? What are you doing in your gap year and why are you taking a gap year?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Re: Out of curiousity..

While we're on the topic
Is it possible to take a gap semester?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

probs, would highly advise against it.

noone likes finishing mid year

LordPc

HSC

While we're on the topic
Is it possible to take a gap semester?
you can but then everything would be off, you would be out of sync with the main cohort. you might be able to get on track in 2nd year if you take a few summer session courses, but then you have to come in during summer.

keep in mind the gap between end of HSC (nov) and start of uni (march) is about 5 months.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Hmm
It's just that I want to move out and all, and since I'm going overseas after HSC I won't have much time to organise everything :(

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Spend a few hard days organising it all ^_^

I'm not taking a gap year once I finish the HSC... won't work (scholarhips and living arrangements as well. Not interested in taking time off either).

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC

i taking a year off to live in Norway and do a eurotour and spend a few weeks in france from Jan 2010 to Jan 2011.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

best piece of advice i've ever heard on this topic is this: only take a gap year if you have a strong plan for what to do with it. if you've got a plan to save up and then travel the world, go for it. if you're just going to hang around at home and goof off, don't bother - as mentioned above, there's plenty of time in the post-HSC holidays to relax, and you will die of boredom if you do that for an entire year. uni is, in general, more fun than high school so you shouldn't take a gap year just to put it off.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
If I get this scholarship, I'll be taking a gap year to go to Japan for another year of *le gasp* high school (as an exchange student of course)!

If not, straight to uni for me, prolly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)