Other Studies in Peace and Conflict (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What did you think of the questions for the studies in peace and conflict (other than the cold war and Indochina). Were the questions fair? Were they what you were expecting? How would you rate the difficulty?

I thought Conflict in Pacific was pretty ace. Midway was really specific, but I'd happened to study it yesterday, so it all just 'flowed'. That was just luck tho. Although, 2nd question on occupation was pretty good too, looked broad tho.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
The Allied Occupation was excellent.... it was a question I had isolated in the syllabus as not having been asked and covering such an extensive period 1945-1951... so I was taking a gamble with it appearing but I'm so grateful it did! I don't think I could have written more than like 4 pages on the first Pacific option... battle facts just don't seem to be absorbed by me too easily.

adamj

Arab/Israeli was probably something I didn't like too much, a bit difficult.

Eeko

Banned
Vietnam was hard shit
cambodia is like this minor feature
whilst Tonkin doesn't give u much to write

lazybum

HSC
N/A
i was deadset lucky, doing south africa. iit was the EASIEST thing i've ever done i basically whizzed right through it thannk god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i ipicked up all mmy markss there because ii may have lost a few on germany

anyone else do SA? tell me what u think

leeraff

HSC
EASY!!

I had done a question just like it, which i sent to my modern history teacher to mark, and he said "Fantastic", so im pleased :)

Assess the regional and global impact on the Arab and Israelis peace initiatives from the 1970s to the 1990s.

just had to remove the global part and i was set :D

Alexander

Gold Member
Ja Man. I did SA too! but half way through it i realised that b. wouldv'e been easier because it was more broard... a. was hard to fit qoutes in, but i knew less about Soweto...
there's noooo aphrodisiac like finishing a history exam

monopoly19

HSC
I did SA and thought the questions were brilliant. I started doing a plan for the first one (effects of something on blacks ???) and then realised that I didn't have anything to write. :rolleyes: I switched to the Soweto, and soon realised that I had done this essay about a week ago and I was set!. I was so worried about SA beforehand, but it turned out to be my best section (I think).

Alexander

Gold Member
I made up my mind on the qs in the reading time, after that i was on auto-pilot, but im kicking myself for doing a.
Id say it's my most uncertain section
I feel so ripped off---all that useless studying and memorising for 3hrs of kindergaten

pranks85

Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
The Allied Occupation was excellent.... it was a question I had isolated in the syllabus as not having been asked and covering such an extensive period 1945-1951... so I was taking a gamble with it appearing but I'm so grateful it did! I don't think I could have written more than like 4 pages on the first Pacific option... battle facts just don't seem to be absorbed by me too easily.
Well, the first question wasn't about battle facts - I mean, I answered it, and the only description of the battle I put in was the fact that the Japanese lost more ships than the Allies. The question asked you to evaluate the significance of Midway in the outcome of the Pacific War, and I didn't believe it was particularly significant. I mean, I know it's paraded as a turning point and all, and it did provide the Allies with valuable air bases, but let's face it - given the economic and military dominance of the Allies, the disunity of Japanese high command, their problems within the occcupied territories, their inability to consolidate their gains in favour of pressing on - the Japanese were always going to lose. So I basically argued that it wasn't particularly significant, which meant I didn't concentrate on the battle itself at all.

moo/pokie

we actually got a question we did an assessment task on not too long ago for arab-israeli so that was very good

i think our whole class did pretty well...except for one guy who left after just over an hour :p
oh well but we did the impact of the six day war and it was very good and so well suited to our class. our teacher was very happy

Ringo

yeah 6-Day War Q was good!

but if I hadn't studied that in-depth, I'da been stumped for the Peace Q

lazybum

HSC
N/A
that's funny monopoly19 - i did the same thing
Originally posted by monopoly19
I did SA and thought the questions were brilliant. I started doing a plan for the first one (effects of something on blacks ???) and then realised that I didn't have anything to write. :rolleyes: I switched to the Soweto, and soon realised that I had done this essay about a week ago and I was set!. .
thank god i switched to sowetto it was the best question for the most marks go south africa !!

Alexander

Gold Member
well a. wasnt toooo bad....give me a few reasons to live....i talked about the laws and bantustan conditions and touched on sharpeville etc., talking about increased violence etc.

dont rain on my parade

lazybum

HSC
N/A
yea i wanted to do the first one coz i knew all the Apartheid Acts like Bantu edu Act, General Areas Act, Pop REgistration act etc etc.
but i didn't know how to structure it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)