Other National Studies (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What did you think about the questions in the National Studies section (except Germany, it has it's own post). Were the questions difficult? Were the what you were expecting?

matthewjones

i did russia. the consolidation question. and i think i was GREAT. i knew it really well and had at least 6 historiographical interpretations. i am so happy and relieved right now. it was a great paper.

apollo

The USA 1989 - 1941 was a prick of a section.

The effect of unionists on politics & society, or the effectiveness of the new deals...

I did the new deals, not particularly confident with my answer. 15/20 max ;\

Hearst was easy, on the upside...

K-Lo

I did USA and the two q's they asked were exactly what i predicted so thats pretty cool....very happy :D does anyone else even do USA????

K-Lo

yeah apollo that unionist q's was a bitch, even though i guessed it would be in there... i did new deal too, i think i did ok

soxrow

HSC
I did the russia and soviet union question on consolidation and I thought it was ok. I couldnt remember a lot of dates though which was a problem. I had a lot of trouble with this one in my trial and I may have stuffed it again.

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
yeah, i did the consolidation question for russia. i think it was a pretty good question (and would have been fantastic if i had managed more study :p)
the trotsky questions were good too.
although i thought 11b (the second trotsky question) was a bit weird. it was talking about the power struggle between Stalin and Trotsky and why trotsky didnt win. to do this you had to talk a lot about Stalin. I tried to focus it on Trotsky though cause it was meant to be an 'individual study'. what does everyone else think of 11b?

psycho_mushy

HSC
yup I do USA

it was alright I guess... did massive studying for New Deal the night before... it was in our trials so basically repeated :D

I do cold war :(

dylan86

i had a similar 11b question in my half yearly which i got full marks for and i talked alot about Stalin in it. so u should be ok if u did

Lolliana

yeah i do usa, twas excellent

id expected, prayed for new deals

i guess there is a god, ...who really likes me : )

Gleeso

i did the cold war ... it wasn't at all what i had expected, plus out of the whole paper that was the only question that i thought was the hardest.

Kblay

I do USA did the new deal, pretty satisfed
I do Hoover and i was suprised by the second question but i think i will survive...
THANKGOD THATS Over

arls

no one does india!! but our questions were alright, i did a pracitice at home of one of them a few weeks ago so i was set.. the gandhi question was a bit dumb, but communalism/nationalism was great... hence i chose that one!

our nationalist leader (jinnah) was fantastic question... allowed plenty of interpretation and assessing and historiography.

i looked at other questions, the israel one looked soo easy! did any1 do it? I dont even know the topic but it looked much less complex than ours.

sar567

I dont think many ppl do conflict in the pacific, but we were pretty screwed caus our teacher hadnt covered either of the topics in class, although id studied one on my own i think alot of ppl got stuck

TastesGoodBut

russia was my worst... i wrote it too narrative. the totalitarian question was really har in my opinion.. basically because u had to assess the role of cult of stalin.. and i prolly wouldnt have been able to write more than 2 pages on that.

but consolidation was a little too narrative... it was factually sound and had some historiography so should still get band 5 for that Q

monopoly19

HSC
I am seriously wondering if anyone in the state did that stupid unionists question for America. I was pretty sure beforehand that there would be a ND question, and I guessed that the other one would be either on unionists or the jazz age (the BOS likes to make us suffer!). My teacher was absolutely flabbergasted that they had the "gall" (her words) to put a question on unionists in there - she had been so sure beforehand that they wouldn't!

The second Hoover question I thought was a bitch. The quote and the question didn't link as well as stuff like that normally does, and I was annoyed that they confined it just to anti-communism and the social conservatism.

Overall = okay!

pranks85

Originally posted by TastesGoodBut
russia was my worst... i wrote it too narrative. the totalitarian question was really har in my opinion.. basically because u had to assess the role of cult of stalin.. and i prolly wouldnt have been able to write more than 2 pages on that.

but consolidation was a little too narrative... it was factually sound and had some historiography so should still get band 5 for that Q
The good thing about assess questions is that they give you the opportunity to discuss everything - like in that one, I didn't just talk about the cult of personality and its role in creating and maintaining the Stalinist regime, but also the role of terror, etc.

With the Trotsky question, I think you can't talk about the power struggle without concentrating on Stalin, mainly 'cause Trotsky was so passive throughout the whole affair...I mean, he pretty much assumed power would fall into his hands somehow, if he kept doing what he was doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)