Option 5 - Forensic Chemistry (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I had no idea about the protien part 2. Apparently its about the primary structure of the protein.

Either way, i'm fucked.

Munchy

HSC
That stupid 7 mark one about the "usefullness of distinguishing tests blah blah" was an absolute KILLER! The one about the composition and structure of proteins was gay too. Damn BOS for making such a weird ass exam that tested the weird bits, why didn't they put the USUAL GOOD questions about esterification? Haber Process? Alkanes and alkenes? Acid rain? DAMN BOS! :vcross:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I didnt mind the 7 marker. I basically talked about benedicts test, and also the starch test. For the metals i said we did the flame tests.

It was good because we learnt from it.

It was bad because it was dodgy and not as qualitative as what forensics do.

I also mentioned that all of our methods were destructive, which is bad.

Munchy

HSC
I talked about benedicts and tollens, flame tests and precipitate tests and compared it to AES used by forensic scientists. It was still gay, hows it possible to get SEVEN marks??

omg_a

HSC
7 marker...pfft...so many more interesting things. and WHAT was with the like 10 marks on chromatography???? we didnt do it in class, thank god i crammed yesterday.
pluS we hadnt done that prac-goodbye 4 marks!! i had to make up a procedure abd results.
the protein one had me stumped till i reaised its that bit at the beginning, fibrous and globular proteins.

Munchy

HSC
Oh yeah, I talked about fibrous and globular, I had no idea about the composition though. :mad:

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
WHAT was with the "Assess the usefulness of distinguishing tests for carbohydrates and metal ions used in the school laboratory, compared with technology used by forensice chemists in laboratories, for the same purposes."

I had NO idea, I made up so much stuff...then again, I didn't turn up for chemistry really much at all when we were doing forensics, nor did I study it, I covered the first page of dot points and decided sleep was better than studying, so I pretty much made everything up.

Same with the protein question, I said something along the lines that proteins are organic catalysts, necessary for the metabolism...if the amino sequencing is different it alters the protein structure, which could effect it's function as an enzyme, effecting the reaction rates and therefore effecting the organisms functions...hahahaha that's the biggest load of crap evar!! I'm sure the examiners will have a laugh at the obviousness of my waffling :D

greentree

my god your teacher must be worse than mine!!!!thats pretty bad!!!that prac was in the syllabus, how did they not teach you it??????????don't worry we did ours in the hols to do one on smarties!!!!didn't work well, but who cares, CHEM IS FINISHED 4 EVER!!!!!!!!!:) i am so happy!!!! so is krina!!!!!:)i thought protein was ok but krina said it is way shit ass!!!shes such a smartypants!!!i am the bottom of my 4 person class!!(shes just above me!!lol)
krina didn't answer protein or mass spectra crap its all a big load of shit anyway i think, and so does krina for that matter
from krina and kel:):)

nomz

i also agree- the whole paper SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!! Forensics SUCKED. My teacher SUCKED!!!! Didn't teach us a bloody thing! Chemistry SUCKS. And me being the complete idiot thet I am who has hadn't Chemistry all senior high school, would love to celebrate the fact that i don't have to do chem eva again- 'cept i'm doing it at uni next year. SUCKS!

Managore

HSC
Im hopefully doing bach. of science at uni, but believe me.. there will be NO chemistry in that degree. Maths, physics, computers and other semi-sciences.

On a lighter note... NO MORE CHEMISTRY!!!

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
BURN CHEM BURN!!!
*lights up forensic summary* :D
wtf was with the moster 7 mark question? i had no freakin idea, i ended up leaving it bland.
stupid bloody option...

AR

HSC
yeah, the questions were a bit weird, i got really thrown about the question on the structure and composition of proteins... what schools do forensics? cause there's barely anyone.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I reckon we got one of the hardest quetions. I know that biochem of movement got easy questions. Dont know anyone doing the other topics.

fush

HSC
forensics wasnt too bad....it pissed me off though that the big mark questions ofcused on crappy dot points rather than the dot points with heaps of info.... there was no DNA stuff in it at all :mad:

~~Jess~~

HSC
yeah i thought it was crap too, way too airy fairy and make-up-ur-own-stuffish!! and im so annoyed with the wording of the chromotography exp q, i think that was just me reading into it too much and couldnt work out which prac it was so left it and moved on.
damn if i did what i thought it was it woulda been all good!! i knew that prac! not happy!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)