Opportunity to take part in University research with a provisional psychologist and ask questions about science and pathways (1 Viewer)

janMQOrgPsych

HSC
Hi Everyone,

I got a lot of value from this forum when I was a student, regarding general University matters and what science, and in particular psychology were all about.

I'm a provisional psychologist, in my final year of a Masters of Organisational Psychology at Macquarie University.
Happy to answer any related questions anyone has!

If you would like to be involved in some pretty cool research on teams in the modern workplace at the Maquarie University campus please let me know, as we need a lot of participants for this type of study. Would really appreciate the help!

You get to see the lab we are using, some of the tech employed and I'm happy to talk through some of the methodological approaches.

It's not a bad opportunity to make a day out of it with some friends, see the campus and get some lunch money and Uni tips for coming along :)

ssoans

HSC
I'm thinking of psychology as an option, what subjects would I have to do?
Or what ATAR would I need?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm thinking of psychology as an option, what subjects would I have to do?
Or what ATAR would I need?
Which university are you aiming to attend in terms of Psychology? Macquarie University requires a selection rank of 80 for their Bachelor of Psychology.

ssoans

HSC
Which university are you aiming to attend in terms of Psychology? Macquarie University requires a selection rank of 80 for their Bachelor of Psychology.

idk where do you suggest

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
idk where do you suggest
I would generally suggest WSU for Psychology. They’re in the top 1% for Psychology worldwide and their Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) requires a 90 ATAR.

Alternatively, you can always check Go8 unis like USyd and UNSW.

janMQOrgPsych

HSC
I did my undergrad at Macquarie University as well, their program is quite good and ranks highly in the world rankings. There are differences in approaches between Uni's. For example, MQ is stats heavy and prepares you well for research. Other Uni's like, Newcastle, have better practicals such as real brain dissection. Getting into an Honours program with a good supervisor is the main thing if you wish to become an accredited psych.

janMQOrgPsych

HSC
Studying psychology is relatively easy in the beginning and gets harder just like anything else. It's the combo of having to do a lot of scientific literature reading, as well as learning statistics that has it's challenges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)