Ondaatje people plz post in this thread (1 Viewer)

apollo1

Banned
HSC
I was totally fuked by that question how did you go with it.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
I think I went well, I got pretty much the same question in my trials LOL

daniellelouise

HSC
I thought it was pretty easy, but definitely the harder of the three. I linked it to the cyclical nature of the novel which led me into talking about a post-modern reading of the novel, I then used a symbolic reading of light and dark throughout the novel which worked perfectly with the ending, "Lights" he said, being symbolic of illuminating meaning and understanding for readers. I only wrote 5 pages but hoping for quality > quantity and hoping to beat my trial mark of 18 for this module.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
I thought it was pretty easy, but definitely the harder of the three. I linked it to the cyclical nature of the novel which led me into talking about a post-modern reading of the novel, I then used a symbolic reading of light and dark throughout the novel which worked perfectly with the ending, "Lights" he said, being symbolic of illuminating meaning and understanding for readers. I only wrote 5 pages but hoping for quality > quantity and hoping to beat my trial mark of 18 for this module.
lol i also did that lights thing.

imagee

HSC
I wrote about lights too, but I had so much on migrant experience which i never got to use...

EDoyle937

HSC
hey danielle! :awesome:
i think the question suited Ondaatje considering how important the ending is as it gives that, 'aha!' moment.

Nympha

HSC
Ondaatje was not too bad. You could just talk about the cyclic nature, the coherency of it, *hint hint* textual integrity. I talked about the "lights" as enlightement, etc. and the "rear-view mirror" as a kind of self-reflexivity tool.
I was lucky though, as my teacher had gone through this scene and stressed its importance to us. (luckily I wasn't asleep when she was talking about it. :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)