Omg Omg Omg Omg (1 Viewer)

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
I found it really simple which was great because i had a crap sleep last night and a runny nose during the test :(

but overall. i think it was my easiest test... I finished Multi choice really quickly, my only trouble spot was the DNa replication as i hadnt studied for it!
I left 40 minutes early.. mainly to psyche out the other students as they knew id used two booklets for Communication :)

Anyways.. On with my last exam - physics :(
No more BIo for me!

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
Atotoi said:
I found it really simple which was great because i had a crap sleep last night and a runny nose during the test :(

but overall. i think it was my easiest test... I finished Multi choice really quickly, my only trouble spot was the DNa replication as i hadnt studied for it!
I left 40 minutes early.. mainly to psyche out the other students as they knew id used two booklets for Communication :)

Anyways.. On with my last exam - physics :(
No more BIo for me!
what did people write for DNA replication. i think i fudged it thru.

Ravnok

Mmmmmm ...

Was that like protein synthesis ... I couldn't think of anything else so that's what I wrote about if that's correct its the following:

1. Dna in nucleus unzips to expose bases
2. mRNA copies Dna code
3. mRNA takes the code to the ribosome
4. Amino acids in the cytoplasm are transferred to the ribosome by tRNA
5. tRNA bases pair with mRNA bases. As a result the amino acids which are attched to the tRNA are lined up to form protein.

Is this what we were supposed to do, if not what??????

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
callisto said:
haha, @ the last minute I remembered something about the bower bird & all the blue stuff they put in their nests, so I hope that'll do.
LOL i used that too ! we didn't even learn that in class, i remember seeing it somewhere like discovery channel or some shyte.. i called it a "bluebird" at 1st, but then remembered it was bower.. w00t

Tambubs

HSC
Lets just say i'm a great bullshit artist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aahhhh but seriously, what was with Communication!!!????? my class studied for weeks on sight and sound.... but they had to have the brain! AAAHHHHH
Thank god it is over, yay 10 days to go before freedom!
i love BIO..... JUST NOT THAT STUPID COMMUNICATION section! the rest was good...... wasted hours revising on watson and Crick and everything else it seemed! oh well can't turn back time!

dan291

HSC
Ravnok said:
nah that was the one u had to do in the genetics option... for that it was just:

1. dna presnt in nuclues
2. dna unzips from polymerase enzyme
3, freely floating complementary bases attach
4. voila

RaineeDays

HSC
I left after an hour n a half ..lol i studyed basically everything in the exam the night before.. so im very very happy.. i kinda thought there wasnt reali any challanging questions..but hay i guess thats just me! ..not that im complaining!! :>

nik_noodle

HSC
macca rockz said:
holy moly its OVER the last 13 years of doing sicence, and the last 6 of biology is finally OVER!!!! omg freedom from the stupid subject i sooo didnt need ;).. but hey, what did you all think? i mean i thought it totally sucked, but i didnt get enough sleep and i now have a stupid drama exam, but hey running on no food and next to no energy, and no bloody sleep, but other wise i thought it wasnt tooo bad!... well nik how you think you went? :D.. it was okkies, but crap also... but any whooo its over now!!!! :p

luv macca
hey mac :D
I thought it was 'strange'. Like someone said in another thread, economics + english..there was very little science...and in 'genetics' option there was a bit of SAC in it as well...7 marks based on social implications....
not to bad...but have no idea how i went..most other subkects i was able to estimate marks.
Oh well...im still recovering from monday night TYVM! Knew i shouldnt have let you come up :p

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I am just happy all of my exams are over!

The bio exam is the one l am most confident about.

psych_girl

HSC
unbalanced....

not balanced....why does biology always ez in hsc especially for this year.....unfair.......however our poor school gets "human story" as elective....fuck off.......I hope 4U gets ezier, then biology gets bit harder....but ezier than any other science subs......:)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Ravnok said:
Was that like protein synthesis ... I couldn't think of anything else so that's what I wrote about if that's correct its the following:

1. Dna in nucleus unzips to expose bases
2. mRNA copies Dna code
3. mRNA takes the code to the ribosome
4. Amino acids in the cytoplasm are transferred to the ribosome by tRNA
5. tRNA bases pair with mRNA bases. As a result the amino acids which are attched to the tRNA are lined up to form protein.

uhhhh u just spoke about protien synthesis there. the question asked for replication. u couldve stopped writing at point 2. DNA unzips and thenDna copies itself and u now have two new strands

psych_girl

HSC
biology is past

joujou_84 said:
uhhhh u just spoke about protien synthesis there. the question asked for replication. u couldve stopped writing at point 2. DNA unzips and thenDna copies itself and u now have two new strands
yeah, that is protein (ur spellin...hahaha) synthesis, not the replication....I remebered its the 1st HSC short answer question Number 16, isnt it?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
ya it was............i know alot of people that spoke out PROTEIN (haha) synthesis instead of replication...............they made the question harder than it was

psych_girl

HSC
haha, I get both

joujou_84 said:
ya it was............i know alot of people that spoke out PROTEIN (haha) synthesis instead of replication...............they made the question harder than it was
If the exam asks about both of them, I doubt that ppl will not be confused.......I think protein synthesis is more complex than DNA replication.:):)

Jessisbored

HSC
joujou_84 said:

no thats gene epression/protein synthesis, thats not what thwe question asked.

Jessisbored

HSC
psych_girl said:
If the exam asks about both of them, I doubt that ppl will not be confused.......I think protein synthesis is more complex than DNA replication.:):)

yeah, and if you think about it....it would have been worth more if we would have been asked that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)